just askin'

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
DaveG1
Advanced Member

Post by DaveG1 »

Im not promising anything, but... I KNOW I have a couple sets of Q towers around, D'OH. I wouldn't really want much beyond the cost of shipping, I think I got em Ebay or swiped them or something. I do swiftwater rescue so I have been pretty busy of late. I think we are getting a break for a few days here, I let you know in the next coupla days. I pretty much come home eat and futz around on the internet before I kiss my wife and go to bed for the past few days. :blink:
20vtercel
Top Notch Member

Post by 20vtercel »

What is my name??? Its fairly easy!!!

20vTercel

Well, I shoe-horned a 20v Silvertop 4AGE into my Turtle.

Why? Cuz i could!
'84 Tercel HB, 202hp Turbocharged 20v, 4WD, Lowered, Custom exhaust, Mangles Rims with Avid V4 Rubber! Hola!!
Inkyturbo
Top Notch Member

Post by Inkyturbo »

Douglas Adams was one of the greatest writers ever! For those of you that haven't read the Hitchhiker's trilogy, they bound all five of the books into one volume. Pick it up!

Anyway, my name comes from two things- Inky, my best bud when I was little, he was a black cat. Died in 2000...RIP. The second- my favorite power adder.

Generally I'll change the second half of my name to fit the forum I am a member of(I am a member of many), but the Inky part always remains, in rememberance of that faithful cat(I know, that's an oxymoron, but it is true).
Josh G.

Joy is passing a brand new car at 80 in the fastlane, with your 22 year old Japanese economy car.

1983 Toyota Tercel Wagon (4WD, SR5)
yam yam

Post by yam yam »

I chose the name yam yam. When I was little, I would go to my cousin's house and play with fireworks on Dec 31st. His neighbors were a weird bunch, and they had a last name that sounded like yamyam. My cousin and I didn't like their chihuahua, and used to launch bottle rockets horizontally into their yard in hopes of getting one into the dog house. Eventually we said "yam yam!" everytime we launched a warning shot.
DontFive

Post by DontFive »

the name (if any of you ride trials out there, which I doubt you do) comes from a quirky offspring of mountain biking called bike trials, where you hop around like a moron trying to get over stuff without putting your foot down. if you put both feet down in competition, you five the section (get five points (you dont want points (kind of like golf))) hence the name "DontFive". Hooray!

-Paul
Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well ..... because that is where it is.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Lollypop
Top Notch Member

Post by Lollypop »

Well just so y'all know ......

I've had my name since high school, but there maybe ladies here so it will take a second to figure out how to explain the name.

See I had a catch phrase every time I saw a female who sparked my interest ...."I'd treat her like a lollypop" sooooooo one time we were all hangin' out and there was a female in the groupdown from Georgia who was a cousin of another....she made the mistake of claiming that sex was a waste of time and did absolutely nothing for her. I informed her that if she climbed up on the hood of that car I would make sure she never let that satement again. She proceeded to climb to call by bluff and I proceeded hold true to my word (hell I had no choice I wasn't going to look weak in front of my boys) ......In the middle of my demonstration one of my budies yelled out "Damn he does treat em like a lollypop"

It stuck and I've been Lollypop ever since

The details will have to be read between the lines for fear of offending someone.

What y'all ought to see is that I'm a 280 lb Redneck from South Mississippi named Lollypop.

-----Justin/Lollypop----
1987 Tercel 2WD, 1983 Tercel 4WD
Finder349
Advanced Member

Post by Finder349 »

Weeeeeeeelllllllll... OooooK then. Thanks I think.

Calvin
86 SR5 238k miles, 6sp. GONE :(
85 SR5 232k miles, 6sp. GONE :(
87 Toyota LE 4wd Van 184k :)
87 Toyota 4wd Van 236k :)
Yes I run with scissors.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Juicy fruit...
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

tercelboy
My tercel:: 1985 toyota tercel 4wd wagon silver with power steering and 1985 4wd wagon sr5 no power steering green

Re: just askin'

Post by tercelboy »

i dono i just love tercels
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

lol, i'm seriously laughing at work.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Mine comes from the fact I love tercels and that I am a cool dude, hence terceldude! I used this on a lot of sites, many some of you are currently familiar with...
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I would say that Neu's comes from the German word for "new".
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re:

Post by terceldude »

ARCHINSTL wrote:Well ..... because that is where it is.
Tom M.
huh? :?
K-Business
My84terc
My tercel:: 1984 SR5

Post by My84terc »

I had to ask a question about my 84 right before I bought it, and had a mental block, so I called myself what I might buy!!