just askin'

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
DaveG1
Advanced Member

Post by DaveG1 »

Y'know, as I go through this site I see some of you og guys have some interesting stage names. I know pretty much what a 3ac power is and what a gtssportcoupe is, but a takza or a therminator or a arbalphabet. Whatizzat? Just curious about where or what the names mean. yours daveg. (simple enough i hope) <_<
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

I originally choose "Gasoline Fumes" when I was setting up my website. It was one of the only car-related user names left on Yahoo. I didn't want something like carguy_473007. And I started using it everywhere online.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I hope mine isn't too weird either. :D B)
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

i dunno y i put ice as muh name, i jus like it :P
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

I started using mine on Club 4A-G, the board for 4A-GE engines where the 3A-C is somewhat of a joke. It did come on the Australian Corolla SR5's and the Japanese MR2's.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

I first used Thereminator on a Surf~Instromental~Music discushion Group I belong to.A Theremin is a strange musical instroment that makes a continues, and erie wailing sound by moving a wand up~and~down its tube shaped surface.If you've ever watched the introduction to the show "Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits" you've herd one.Some of the "Insto" bands I listen to use'em. :) Alan...from sunny San Diego where its felt more like Florida lately(no offence Ice),but starting to get back too normal!(Sunny,Dry and Breezy!) :D
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

daveg wrote: but a takza or a therminator or a arbalphabet. Whatizzat? Just curious about where or what the names mean. yours daveg. (simple enough i hope)
Mine's simple, when I was in high school I couldn't get an email address without 500 numbers in it, so I went through the Star Wars Encyclopedia (yes, I was that lame) and found this name, so far no one else has used it (8 years), except to mock me on servers.

Therminator: Have you heard of The Manatees? They are a surf band and they use a theremin in some of their stuff, its not too bad. http://www.themanatees.com
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Yeah,Ive heard of them,Phil Dirt at Reverb Central(look~em~up) gave them a good review.Check~out theMigs.com,there friends and have a great Theremim page.The drummer(he's good!) tours with Tony Hawks and Bernard plays a rippin,surfed~out version of the Immigrant song(with theremin)! :lol:
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

icE wrote: i dunno y i put ice as muh name, i jus like it :P
I'll bet your last name is Berg! Maybe Cube? :D

In some social situation...try introducing yourself as Ice...then when they ask your last name...give 'em Berg. See how long it takes for the lights to go on..... B)
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I use a random PW generator...find a name that sounds OK...do a search on Google to make sure it doesn't link to a strange site like Tercel4WD.com or mean something too weird........then just use it.

What's in a name? A rose by any other name? What IS the meaning of life?

There is a page that has huge lists of "random" PWs or names. I see it now and then.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

DaveG1
Advanced Member

Post by DaveG1 »

I don't know, now I feel sort of lame having a boring ol' screen name. Maybe I'll change it to something cool. Arbyskynxx has the coolest background, sorry guys, I'm a Star Wars geek at heart. Wouldn't mind checking out those bands tho'
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

takza wrote: What's in a name? A rose by any other name? What IS the meaning of life?
Did you quote this off of Romeo & Juliet?
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Just stuff picked up along the way......

arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

daveg wrote: I don't know, now I feel sort of lame having a boring ol' screen name. Maybe I'll change it to something cool. Arbyskynxx has the coolest background, sorry guys, I'm a Star Wars geek at heart. Wouldn't mind checking out those bands tho'
WOO HOO!! :lol:

What's in a name? Letters

A rose by any other name? sore

What IS the meaning of Life (the universe and everything)? 42

Couldn't help myself, but I had the answers you were so desperately looking for. :)
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

Fingers = I talk with my hands, often waving my fingers wildly. A fried always thought it reminded him of some of the crazy old kung-fu movies where the guy would shake his fingers rapidly before plunging them into their enemies chest and ripping out their heart. It just kinda stuck, besides, women always seem to show a 'special' interest in my nickname.
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com