'Puter Probs

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

'Puter Probs

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Is anyone else having these problems?
1. When sending a PM, after hitting the Send key, what pops up is something reading "Debug Mode" - whatever that is... however, the message always seems to go to the recipient and my Outbox
2. When a PM that I had sent was answered, I always received a notice in my regular email that a message was waiting at the site - but no longer; just a notice at the Forum's corner.
3. A long-standing situation: If a Search is performed, the list of threads appears; after one is queried, when the return arrow is hit to again access the list, one is advised that the page is no longer available, so the Search topic must be reentered; this does get tedious if one wants to search a number of threads on a topic.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Re: 'Puter Probs

Post by takza »

Probably depends on the browser you are using and the settings you have? Might be a firewall or a popup window setting or javascript settings.

I see the first 2 a lot...but not the last one.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I get the "debug mode" often when I enter a regular posting, but not always. I usually have to back up to where I entered the thread and hit "refresh" to verify that my posting made it to the list. I am using Windows XP with the Mozilla Firefox browser. A minor nuisance, though I suspect it is at the server end.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

I get the same thing on my MAc using Safari.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I do OK on posting - and also Moderator functions - only get the "Debug" when doing a PM.
Incidentally, I just got a PM, but again, no notice on my regular internet email board (or whatever it's called). As noted before, this is a relatively new phenomenon.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Try dumping your cookie and sign in again?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

I'm no computer expert, but given that this problem occurs with most of us on the forum, I would guess it's a server problem, or an interface problem with some browsers or operating systems and the server. I think every time I send a PM, the "debug" message comes up....but so far all the messages have gone through.
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
CASE

Mac inations

Post by CASE »

This happens every other time I post, I figger it's a bit of code that reads differently depending on how busy the server is. The first time I got "debug mode" Ithought it didn't work so I posted it again and again, when I went back to the post my message was there 3 timesjavascript:emoticon(':?')This happens on a lot of networking sites, maybe because confirmation of sent messages is last on the priority list, so it goes to a default page when busy which just happens to be an error message. pity Toyota doesn't make a computer
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

keith wrote:I get the same thing on my MAc using Safari.
Yeah, another Mac user!!
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

When I do the server upgrade I'll be upgrading PHPBB code to the latest version. Hopefully the newer version will fix some of these issues.

Jon
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Getting debug moded on private messages myself today. Been able to post but no good on pm's