Tercel 4wd on ebay

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Tercel 4wd on ebay

Post by keith »

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well -
This one escaped my eBay noticing system (seller just listed as a Tercel).
The car is in STL, too! Wonder if Goldie wants a sibling?
I'll give him a call tomorrow and report.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I called the seller today - I also mailed a copy of the "T4WD Notice Flyer" to him to give to the new owner.
I will try to get out Saturday to look at it, if anyone is interested - but that is not a promise.
He said it is a Missouri car with a MO title, but maybe not for all of this time, as there does not seem to be any rust. He also said that it runs great (well, of course). He does not seem too familiar with mature Tercels, so I drew a blank when asking about the TVSV - guess it's OK, as the car runs...
He is located in an outer southern suburb of STL - Imperial, MO. He apparently buys cars from various auction sites and resells them. He does have a street lot, so he does have to live with what he sells locally.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

ARCHINSTL wrote: it is a Missouri car with a MO title, but maybe not for all of this time, as there does not seem to be any rust.
They have a lot of old cars for sale in Missouri...you see them along the roads....or I used to. Maybe little salt.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

It sold early with a BIN of $1500.

Interesting observation that we have a lot of old cars here in MO; every city (and the Hwy Dept.) goes through many tons of salt each Winter - except maybe this year, anyway (so far a record for warmth). I did not think we had that many - wonder what it's like up North and "back East?" Nothing over 10 years of age?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Post by Mickey_D »

ARCHINSTL wrote:wonder what it's like up North and "back East?" Nothing over 10 years of age?
Tom M.
Heh, around here the roads deteriorate at such a high rate, I seriously wonder if it's due to the frost level getting under them or if it's due to the 500 tons of salt per cubic foot of road surface they use!!

Oh, and there's nothing in my driveway NEWER than 12 years old!! :P
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

Well he relisted it again due to a dead beat bidder!
Just go to the old auction link and look up his other items.
cheers
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

mm if only i didn't live so far away...!
otter63
Advanced Member

Rust

Post by otter63 »

We get very little rust here in the Seattle area. We do get moss on the paint and weatherstripping, though. Seriously! Lots of old cars on the road, although probably not nearly as many as in a desert environment.
1986 Tercel 4WD Deluxe with one SR-5 seat installed and 261,000 miles driven.
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

That BIN was a fraud. He re-listed it, the last bid a few hours before the second listing expired was around $530.