Weber blindspot and throttelcabel problems

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Kapteinmoby
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 87 (85 look) Tercel 4wd wagon, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 85 Tercel wagon 4WD Amfibious (Tvillingen) previous: 86 Tercel wagon 4WD

Weber blindspot and throttelcabel problems

Post by Kapteinmoby »

hi, i have 2 problems with my weber dgv.
1: the throttle cabel has very low "iso". for example if the throttle cable in the original carburetor throttle "iso" is 20 cm the weber is 5 cm(0 is no throttle and 5 cm is full throttle). i made the adapter my self, but if i can have a pic of a bought throttlecablelinkadapter(the attachment on the weber) that would help(or a link to where i can buy).
2: my weber has a blindspot, so if i "put the pedal to the metal" it feals like the kickdown on an automatic gearbox. Now the blindspot is about 1/4 down to the throttle "iso". i think its the jetting, and i dont think its a vac. leak or a timingadvance problem.
sorry for my english, i'm norwegian :)
Current: 87 Tercel 4wd wagon, 98 Toyota avensis 1,6 4a-fe, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD amfibious (tvillingen)

Former: 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 86 Tercel wagon 4WD 87 Opel Corsa A 1.3, 84-88 Toyota Carina II 1.8, 93 Opel Vectra A 2.0 and 68 Mercedes-Benz E 200.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Weber blindspot and throttelcabel problems

Post by ARCHINSTL »

As far as the Weber throttle linkage goes - if I'm understanding you correctly - see https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php? ... an+#p33319
See also photos here: https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php? ... ber#p64991
And thread here: https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php? ... ilit=weber
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

double check you have no vac leaks, including internal to the carb. but it is not unusual to have to tinker with the carb jets. someone sells a set of jets for doing exactly that, experiment with different mains, secondaries and air emulation tubes.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Kapteinmoby
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 87 (85 look) Tercel 4wd wagon, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 85 Tercel wagon 4WD Amfibious (Tvillingen) previous: 86 Tercel wagon 4WD

Post by Kapteinmoby »

this is a little embarrassing, but it was the way i locked the throttlecableadapter to the weber that caused both problems. this caused the secoundary barrel to open from the start, insted of opening after the primary. but now i have another problem.... when i have the throttle in for maintaining speed og for moderate acceleration it "shakes" og go back and fort(wont fire/will fire/wont fire/will fire and so on). and i also have some problems with dieseling and a reversing of the engine when i turn it off... any ideas? :)
Current: 87 Tercel 4wd wagon, 98 Toyota avensis 1,6 4a-fe, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD amfibious (tvillingen)

Former: 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 86 Tercel wagon 4WD 87 Opel Corsa A 1.3, 84-88 Toyota Carina II 1.8, 93 Opel Vectra A 2.0 and 68 Mercedes-Benz E 200.
Kapteinmoby
Advanced Member

Post by Kapteinmoby »

i have also noticed that my secoundary aux venturi is 4.5 and my primary emulsion tube is F6. i dont know how much this will show on the driveability, any input? :)