First $500 gets good running 83 tercel SR5

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Red88
My tercel:: 1988 SR5 4WD WAGON:: 1984 SR5 manual:: 1985 SR5 manual

Re: First $500 gets good running 83 tercel SR5

Post by Red88 »

I imagine that the car is sold but I live in OR and would like the car.
Rich
541 973 8036
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

The car in this thread is sold but i have this one at 700 it's in Reno.
https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9928
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

california, I don't recall seeing anything about interstate when I looked
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

An interstate permit in nevada is a different animal It has the destination of the car printed on it.
I need to get one next week that will say from reno nv to boise Idaho good for 15 days from issue date.
I imagine a cop would have a hard time arguing With what it clearly states.
However like petros said small town(Mayberry)police departments Know most people from out of town will pay a ticket rather than drive hundreds of miles to argue in court.
florykitty
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 83 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5,85 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5,86 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 complete for parts,81Toyota tercel SR5 liftback old school

Post by florykitty »

i personaly never have a problem by towing my tr4 home,again towing not driving,i had police troopers driving behind me,never pull me over,that was in oregon and wa only,not CA,i take a rest in Bend Or for a night cause the roads are black ice ,and they come to me with the sugestion of take a motel room then drive home to Boise on that night,no question ask regarding what i am towing or why?They are nice arround here OR WA ID,of course if you dont brake rules or overspeed,and never be smart if they pull me over,i learn this from my brother cause he does same job.well anyway i feel sory for Paul,spending that much time and monney on his trip ,brink home the $500,my self i allways tow if i buy those old tr4 ,cause they can brake down anytime been 20 -30 years old,unless i get one from a forum member and i know the person.make sure not BS just to sell his tr4.
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I believe the CA trip permit allows you one continuous trip... this is from the CA DMV website:

"A One Trip Permit (REG 402) is available from the department and may be used in lieu of California registration for movement of any vehicle except a crane.

The permit must be posted on the windshield or other prominent place and must identify the vehicle being moved.
The permit must be obtained prior to any movement of the vehicle that would require it to be registered.
The permit is valid for movement of an unladen vehicle for one continuous trip from a place:
within California to another place within or outside of California.
outside of California to a place within California."

Not sure if it would've been valid in AZ, you would've had to call and ask all the states you were planning to cross whether or not they would hold this permit valid.

I switched the plates a few times between my two of my wagons with the same model yr and I even had a cop behind me and nothing happened. My local PD has license plate readers installed on their cars, but as long as I didn't get pulled over I was going to be fine since the other car had active registration and insurance so having that plate on the car with pending registration wasn't going to raise any flags. Quite a bit risky, but nothing bad happened. Probably wouldn't do it again...

I once argued for 30 min with a University of California Santa Barbara cop that pulled me over for no license plates. I had a one day moving permit, but it had technically expired by the time I was pulled over. I had all of my documents and the VIN checked out, plus I knew more about the registration process than her. I guess the philosophy courses I took at the university came in handy this time around, she let me go and I hid the car in an underground garage thereafter until the plates were sorted out.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"