Tercel Pop-up Sunroof

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Here are some pics of my newly installed ( by yours truly ! ) pop-up sunroof. It's a Webasto that I found in a Mitsubushi Mirage at my local junkyard. $19.50 and about 2hrs. of time and I now can look at the stars while I'm cruising down I-40 ( wait, where did that semi come from ?!?!?!?! ) :blink: I will have to admit that it was a little nerve-wracking cutting into the roof on my Terc ! but now that it's in, I do love it !! and it definitely helps on the ventilation ! Does anybody know if it would compromise the structural integrity of a Terc. if you put one of these behind the center dome lamp, above the rear seat ???

I hope these images show up ! I've had to re-size about 6 times..LOL !
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Lookin' good...espec for the price. :)
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

veryy nice ^_^
20vtercel
Top Notch Member

Post by 20vtercel »

Did the same for mine. Picked one up out of a subaru. the glass is removable. Cost me $20 as well at the local "grocery" store.

Looks good. It's one of those "should have done it years ago" items isn't it!!!! :D
'84 Tercel HB, 202hp Turbocharged 20v, 4WD, Lowered, Custom exhaust, Mangles Rims with Avid V4 Rubber! Hola!!
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Absolutely !! It does help the air-flow through the car, and since my A/C doesnt' work, the car is much more comfortable than it would be without the sunroof.

Have any of you ever seen the Land Rover Discoverys with the dual sunroofs ?? I'm thinkin' about doing the same thing. I might have to photoshop one of the pics of mine and see how it would look .......not sure if it'd be the equivalent of a "two-holer" outhouse back in the day here in the "rural" areas, which was a good thing.....or if it'd just make the car look like a P.O.S. any ideas ?? structural issues with the body of the car ?? any advice would be appreciated ! :)
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol