1986 Tercel 4WD Wagon

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Terceldad
My tercel:: 86 wagon 4x4

1986 Tercel 4WD Wagon

Post by Terceldad »

Time to think about selling the Tercel. Without access to new trans parts, I am replacing junk with funk and the old knuckles grow tired.... So, make us an offer we can not refuse, (tires and rims alone are worth $800.00) photos will follow in a day or 2. We are in the part of Bothell near Mill Creek.

PLUSES:
Two complete sets of tires (studded snow and street, mounted on steel rims) less than 1 year old.
New front and rear brakes, rear wheel cylinders, flush brakes, rear wheel bearings and oil seals, new differential fluid.

Replaced with new within the last 5,000 mi:
Both front drive shafts, boots, clutch, pilot and TO bearing (and spring), front sway bar bushings, tie rod end, left front wheel bearing.
Radiator and cap, battery, transmission seals

Re-sealed oil pan, new plugs, fuel filter, repair vacuum leaks, repaired starter and solenoid, dist cap and rotor, new antenna (no radio)

Good compression, starts every time. Good glass, locks and doors. Drives and tracks straight, 4wd works, undercarriage is clean and easy to work on (now).

Minuses:

Pops out of first gear 5 months after replacing transmission with salvaged one that had 175,000 miles on it

Exhaust system rusted, some body dings

Front seats torn

225,000 miles approx.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Re: 1986 Tercel 4WD Wagon

Post by marlinh »

You didn't list an asking price.
Terceldad
My tercel:: 86 wagon 4x4

Post by Terceldad »

I am not really sure what its worth just yet, so I figured I would bring it to the attention of the group. The car runs, drives and is legal, just can't use 1st gear...
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

Let us see some pictures.

The trans problem will drop the value of the car somewhat. Other members would have better estimates about that than me.