Webasto 3500 Air Top Diesel Heater $700

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
joemcdonough89
My tercel:: '88 Tercel SR5 4wd

Webasto 3500 Air Top Diesel Heater $700

Post by joemcdonough89 »

PB190204.JPG
Hey guys!

I'm just getting back from a few adventures and I decided to sell off a few things to fund the next ones. I had purchased this re-manufactured unit from a certified dealer up in Canada and then installed it into my trusty '88 Tercel 4wd. It was only used for a few hours a day while we were camping out of the car in Alaska this past winter. We were sometimes camping in -30F and we used it to heat up the cab before we went to sleep and again in the morning when we were getting dressed. I had machined an aluminum mount so that I would be able to mount the heater in place of the back right speaker on the shelf. I did have to drill a hole in the floor board to run the exhaust safely outside, and two more holes in the shelf (one for the wires second for the switch.) The switch could easily be mounted differently to save from drilling a hole, but I was getting in a hurry to hit the road. The heater is fed diesel through a fuel canister that I held on top of my roof rack, and the diaphragm fuel pump is mounted inside. I now have it removed from the car and it looks as though it was never there. I had just a little bit over $1100 into it but I'm asking for $700 from a forum member. I had wanted to offer this to forum members first in hopes that it would aid in other winter adventures. I had a life changing time on the road with my Tercel and I would like someone else to benefit from the amount of work and thought it took to make it possible. I have all of the manuals and I'd be more then happy to answer any questions and help with the installation if needed. Below is a link to the past trip as well as a manual with specifications.

https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8598

http://www.suremarine.com/manuals/webas ... repair.pdf

Joe McD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.