I think she might be dead...

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
celtglen
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 84/2WD/Wagon-stock/311+K miles-original engine/original owner/ no mods

Re: I think she might be dead...

Post by celtglen »

gmeddy wrote:yesterday i located a tercel at a wrecking yard

the PCV on the top of the engine has free flow when I suck on it's hose, so thats a vacuum leak as well i guess? I'm not sure how they are supposed to work.
So I'm thinking of just capping that line off to the carb so it's not another vacuum leak.

The electronic dizzy on the other Terc has only two wires plugged into it, I would guess one has to be + 12v input, what is the other one? (I assume it would not be earth, as it has earth already through the connection to the motor.)

thanks
If you block off the PCV valve you could create a hard or no start. The wires off the dizzy should be in a plastic connector and they fit another connector below the dizzy and they run back into the firewall.
celtglen
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 84/2WD/Wagon-stock/311+K miles-original engine/original owner/ no mods

Post by celtglen »

TURTCEL wrote: Is it a UK design to have externlly regulater alternatores?

Peace
Nope
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 tercel v20 B/T (The ROCKET)98 toyota t100

Post by larry mcgrath »

THe wireing diagram shows a black/yellow wire comming from the ignition switch to dizzy (12 v) then to a noise filter .the other black wire comming from dizzy is connected to the tac and the AC amplifier , under the dash. Larry
gmeddy
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 83, SR5

Post by gmeddy »

larry mcgrath wrote:THe wireing diagram shows a black/yellow wire comming from the ignition switch to dizzy (12 v) then to a noise filter .the other black wire comming from dizzy is connected to the tac and the AC amplifier , under the dash. Larry
I'm going to attempt to install the electronic dizzy today.

I will try attaching the two wires that are currently connected to my points dizzy, to the two wires that are going into the electronic one, hopefully they are for the same two things!?

Anyone written a tutorial on this already?

(I reconnected the hose from the base of carb to the PCV, no worries. ;-) )
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

gmeddy wrote:Anyone written a tutorial on this already?
i don't think so, so you should take pics and document it if you can. or take one of your famous vids, that would be cool too.
gmeddy
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 83, SR5

Post by gmeddy »

Sorry, no vid, the data restrictions on the wifi where I am staying are really low.
But I have posted what I did in the thread that was about the same job:
https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8890

It's running great!