Cranking up a level on real food...

Post here about...well...anything!
emmahumpfritter
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Cranking up a level on real food...

Post by emmahumpfritter »

I've been buying most of my food stuffs from two locations for the past few months: My local food co-op and a small family farm.
The farm has been supplying me with fresh raw milk (still warm when I get it) whole chickens (happy, free range and tasty) hand crafted raw milk cheese and eggs.

After experiencing raw unadulterated milk for a while now, I can proclaim that I will NEVER go back to store bought. It's night and day. I usually make a nice thick chicken stew with organic potatoes and onions from the co-op--it's been lasting a good solid week.

I've been drinking nothing but organic juices and yogurt and fruits and veggies.

Beer: Only German beers that follow the strict brewing laws. I'm learning to brew my own.

I THINK I'm feeling better, but it's still early to call objectively.

Just wanted to share with ya'll.

BDN
260K with no end in sight....
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Cranking up a level on real food...

Post by Petros »

fresh is always better, and good when you can get it. The problem is it can be very inconvenient.

We had a neighbor that was supplying us with all the organic eggs we could eat, cheap too. But than the local hawks and raccoons discovered a new source of food. So the neighbors ending up feeding the local wild life for a while until they ran out of chickens, and we get no more eggs :-(
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Good moves! I'd like to do the same and would if I had the option.

But be very careful of the zombie types that are still eating tortured and stressed....antibiotic...GMO....and arsenic fed chickens...they have RED eyes. :shock:

When I was just a young'en we had a cow and got fresh milk (from the cow to the fridge) till the local social worker biatch came in a made us use a pasteurizer...the stuff then tasted like sh*t.

You might try and up the veggies a bit...kale and spinach salads...turnips...etc?

I have a nephew that has a restaurant and brews his own beers...really good stuff.

I eat mostly lean meats/fish...fruits and veggies...cook my own stuff...but still eating some tortured chickens and turkeys as directed by HOMELAND STUPIDITY...eat them tortured chickens or else! :twisted:

emmahumpfritter wrote:I've been buying most of my food stuffs from two locations for the past few months: My local fo d co-op and a small family farm.

The farm has been supplying me with fresh raw milk (still warm when I get it) whole chickens (happy, free range and tasty) hand crafted raw milk cheese and eggs.

After experiencing raw unadulterated milk for a while now, I can proclaim that I will NEVER go back to store bought. It's night and day. I usually make a nice thick chicken stew with organic potatoes and onions from the co-op--it's been lasting a good solid week.

I've been drinking nothing but organic juices and yogurt and fruits and veggies.

Beer: Only German beers that follow the strict brewing laws. I'm learning to brew my own.

BDN
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

Takza would it be OK if a moderator moved your pic to "ridiculous member head shots"?

BTW I live on nothing but Arby's curly fries - 20 orders per diem.
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

danzo wrote:Takza would it be OK if a moderator moved your pic to "ridiculous member head shots"?

That's a pic of my neighbor...out on a weekend...tryin' to make it pay!

Those fries........but for how long? Remember...you are what you eat. Wouldn't you rather be a free range chicken than a french fry?

Just think! Out runnin' free...you are your own chicken!
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

danzo wrote:Takza would it be OK if a moderator moved your pic to "ridiculous member head shots"?

Think about it?

http://www.naturalnews.com/034833_acryl ... foods.html

Baking, roasting or frying any starchy food at high temperatures causes the sugars found in these foods to combine with an amino acid to produce high levels of a potent carcinogen known as acrylamide. (http://www.naturalnews.com/acrylamides.html) Because all potato chips must be cooked at high heat, and because restaurants tend to cook French fries at high temperatures to bring them to the table more quickly, a healthy diet should contain only minimal quantities of these foods.

Commercial food producers sometimes use the same frying oil for weeks at a time, saturating the oils with extremely high acrylamide levels.

terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

emmahumpfritter wrote:I've been buying most of my food stuffs from two locations for the past few months: My local food co-op and a small family farm.

BDN

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
K-Business