Tercel in Perth WA. Did someone say roadtrip?

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Tercel in Perth WA. Did someone say roadtrip?

Post by Mattel »

No photo's, not much info. Not mine.

Hey im trying to get rid of an old car. its unlicensed but still runs just needs a battery and carbi cleaned out

Toyota Tercel
its a FWD wagon that can switch to 4WD mode
has had a reconditiond engine i believe is the same as a corolla 3A motor
and is 5 speed manual

these cars are rare as only see a few driving around the hills so would make for a good spare parts if u already own one.

http://wa.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicle ... Z254989715
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Tercel in Perth WA. Did someone say roadtrip?

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Ahh, So... WA by any other country is still - WA.
:wink:
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
ohcanada_00
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 DLX 4WD

Post by ohcanada_00 »

i saw WA and thought to myself where the hell is Perth, Washington? dang, guess i do get excited for these cars!
"Any car which holds together for an entire race is entirely too heavy" -Colin Chapman

84' DLX with 6 speed (the project beast) 'Tora'
84' SR5 'Tori' (the daily driver)
08' Scion xB
04' Kawasaki Z1000
deejay1272
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Navy Blue Tercel Wagon SR5 4x4 now with Weber 32/36!

Post by deejay1272 »

Mattel - you could make that drive in a cool ~60 hours of back to back driving! Go for it!

...Reminds me of the time I decided to backpack the coast of eastern Australia. After sitting on a bus for about 30 hours I only got half way from the tropical northern parts of Queensland to Sydney! Good thing folks from OZ like to drink a lot and share their beer while doing so. What a trip.
---------------------------------------------------------
Beefsteak when I'm hungry, whiskey when I'm dry
Greenbacks when I'm hard up, heaven when I die
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hey Deejay, at least you didn't think I was living in Melbourne, Florida! Yeah I should have put Australia in the title I guess. Will be in Perth for a couple of weeks in May for a wedding. Haven't ever driven from the East to West Coast here. There is a lot of nothing in the middle. The Nullarbor plain is not exactly Route 66 thats for sure. The first explorer Edward John Eyre described the Plain as "a hideous anomaly, a blot on the face of Nature, the sort of place one gets into in bad dreams" * Wiki. But then I don't think he was really into surfing and fishing either. People often underestimate the distances over here - sounds like you had a great time though. I got to sail from townsville to cairns once. great trip!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I couldn't get driving directions.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...