'84 T4WD on eBay, Kansas, $800 starting bid

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

'84 T4WD on eBay, Kansas, $800 starting bid

Post by garyfish »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-T ... 240%3A1318

225,000 miles... seller admits a few problems

from the auction write-up:

This is a 84 Toyota Tercel SR5 with a 4 cylinder engine and a Five speed manual transmission, and four wheel drive. It runs and drives good enough for a daily driver, but runs a little rough, because it needs a new or rebuilt carb. It gets about 28 mpg even with the bad carb. In the past two years its had all new tires, new timing belt, tune up, new axles. This car only needs a battery to be driven and does not come with one, so bring a battery if you're the winning bidder. Engine smokes upon start up and from time to time while driving, but nothing too bad. Winning bidder responsible for shipping or pick up of the car, I will help however I can. As always please don't bid if you can't or won't pay for the car. Please also understand that this is an old car and has a lot of flaws. Car has only surface rust, because it was originally a Southern California car, no rust through. Ask all questions in the usual format and I will get back to you. You can also call Fred at 909-793-2377 with any questions that you have. Car is located in Holton, Kansas 66436 and anyone is welcome to come look as long as they contact me first, Thanks for looking and good luck.
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016