Cleanest/Priciest Terc 4wd I've seen (cept DCN's of course)

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Cleanest/Priciest Terc 4wd I've seen (cept DCN's of course)

Post by Mattel »

sweeeeet

shows the value of a good detailing job. Hey I just noticed the TOYOTA sticker is off the back door.. respray huh?)

Dammit, I really should give mine it's bi-annual clean

ohh, and the price... $5,000 AU peso (about $4,500 U.S.)
http://search.carsguide.news.com.au/new ... icleType=1

Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Re: Cleanest/Priciest Terc 4wd I've seen (cept DCN's of course)

Post by dcn »

Very nice Mattel. And thanks for thinking of me! I put my summer shiny wheels on last weekend, glad to have them back.
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Amazing - granted that it received one heck of a detailing job - but the car had to be extra clean to begin with for the dealer to invest that much time/$ in hope of a good return. How can someone keep it that clean for 24 years and 238K km (148K miles) with no signs of interior wear ? ? ? Not even the shifter booties look wrinkled - did they get botox shots?
And a good return indeed it is hoping for - WOW - on the price! What does a decent (for the age, 'natch) T4WD normally go for in AU?
Tom M.
P.S. Love that big red piece on the back - you explained the reason for it before, but is it a huge reflector, or just a piece of red plastic? Heyy - maybe you could pick up a few extra bucks by adding a sign advertising Vegemite or Foster's ?
Incidentally, contrary to an AU urban legend, Vegemite was NOT banned in the USA by Bush; many, many things are quite appropriately blamed on him - but not a Vegemite ban.
P.P.S. to dcn - I do not show pix of yours to Goldie...
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
m1marty
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4WD 6SPD

Post by m1marty »

I want that steering wheel. And clear turn signal lenses. And the grill. :(
Oh look.......another broken part.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hey Tom,

You'd pay $1,500 to $2,500 for a nice one with no rust and pretty original. I paid $2,500 for mine but it has the electric sunroof and original books, touch up paint, unused spare and toolroll even and an interior to match this one. right now on ebay.com.au there is another Terc (in Geelong also) for cheap that looks pretty clean also.

I just noticed this one has some strange lugs on top of the rear bumper also they have painted the plate shroud black so perhaps it has been in a rear ender? the steering wheel in the oz cars is pretty cool and even has little 4wd holograms on it.

Yep that reflector is because some states (mostly Victoria and Tasmania and NSW) made Toyota move the mount plate to the driver side of the car, no such problem in SA, WA and the other states I think. I took mine off and clipped in the light connections straight into the original wiring once I took off that large reflector panel. unfortunatly the spare plate holder left 4 big holes on the tailgate, but it still looks better I think

There is a Tercel for $450 in the tradingpost near me, I'm thinking if a few Australians need parts we could go in together and get it? and send those side lights, steering wheel seat belts and grile over to you guys in the states!

yep those lights are side lights and don't come in with the indicators but we have repeater lights further down the car in front of the doors.

I would like to get one of those US grilles.. to expensive to freight though! I did check
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

Very very clean, but is the photo reversed? Steering wheel seems to be on the wrong side :lol:
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
jed
My tercel:: 84 tercel sr5, 6 speed, forged gear shift, happy face timing cover, barber pole drive shaft

Post by jed »

one in the states now too. i am fairly sure the all trac is a miss label; either that or there is an extra shifter in the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-Toy ... 0232818018&