A couple of parts

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Finder349
Advanced Member

A couple of parts

Post by Finder349 »

I have just a few parts but it is time for them to go.

Rear axle out of an 83
Rear hatch, not sure the year but is that off white/cream color.
Rear storage area cover, dark blue.
A head rest or 2 also the dark blue
A couple of the stereo surounds.
Oh and some of the AC stuff possibly. Can not remember what.

There may be a could other small things like ashtray and what not.

Just make an offer on whatever you want.

Some where in the Portland area is a white 85 that needs the rear 83 rear that I have. If you can produce that car I will just give you the axle. Hate to have you out there with non-working 4wd but the guy that took the car (to sell I think) did not want it.

Hope all has been going well with all of you. As for me I am deep in the Van world at this point. :twisted:

Calvin
95bessie@comcast.net
86 SR5 238k miles, 6sp. GONE :(
85 SR5 232k miles, 6sp. GONE :(
87 Toyota LE 4wd Van 184k :)
87 Toyota 4wd Van 236k :)
Yes I run with scissors.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

How does that Toy 4WD van do off road? I see very few and close to none around here.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Finder349
Advanced Member

A couple of parts

Post by Finder349 »

The Van does things it should not. I am working on putting a desent page together so that I can just supply a link but everything takes me longer than it should.

The thing is a mountain goat like no other. Powerless like the Terc but has the benefit of a low range T-Case if you get the 5sp.

The biggest issue I have with explaining to people what the van can do is that pictures lie. Videos do too. You really have to be there.

I will try to get the site up by the end of the month though. Here is what little I have right now.

http://www.deanstud.com/4calvin/TuRDle.htm

Calvin
Yes I run with scissors.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Thanks for the pix thus far. It certainly seems more capable than I would have imagined.
Apart from the engine location accessibility, any major problem areas to share with us?
That is a large man in the middle seat in some of the pix!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
neonsport
Top Notch Member

Post by neonsport »

I had an 85 Toyota LE van several years ago, but it was a 2wd. It was in beautiful condition when I bought it, with the exception of a blown water hose at the rear of the head. I could see the hose from underneath the van, but couldn't reach it. From the top I couldn't see or touch it. That blown hose was the entire reason I was able to buy the van, because nobody in town would touch it. I ended up removing the seat and all the bolt-on access panels, but still couldn't reach it. Removing the valve cover gave me a little access, but it still took forever to cut out the center section of that short little hose, then get the ends off. I put the new hose in with screw clamps, which really made things a lot easier. Even with all I removed, the insulation in the engine compartment wore through the skin on my arm.

BTW, the van blew a hose a week for the first 6 weeks I owned it. By then I'd replaced them all, so that was good. Then it started going through alternators. It turned out there was a slight drip in a power steering line, and the fluid dripped right into the alternator.

I still miss the van from time to time, though.
Finder349
Advanced Member

A couple of parts

Post by Finder349 »

The hardest thing I have had to do is open the air box. It took 20min and I bled... it was new... I was upset.

I have replaced the ALT but it was easy, the starter was easy too. The water pump was no challenge. I have messed with heater lines and such but not a bunch.

The like to blow head gaskets but I have been lucky on this one so far. I love the van.

HAHA there is even a site, go figure, there seems to be one for everything.
http://www.toyotavanpeople.com

Though the placement of the engine seems to really suck it has been better than I ever expected.

Calvin

BTW I still have the parts listed above.
Yes I run with scissors.