Wish I'd had my camera tonight!!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Wish I'd had my camera tonight!!

Post by Mickey_D »

Up here in northern Minnesota we got a little bit of snow tonight. And a little wind as well.

My 17 mile drive home from work at 1:00 AM took EVERY ounce of my driving skill (not to toot my own horn, but I have a considerable amount), and it also took every bit of 4WD goodness my little turtle could stick on the road!!

Turning off the main road onto my dirt road I was faced with a slight challenge :
Just where exactly WAS my road!! :shock:

The fields on either side of the road, the 6 foot deep ditches, and the road itself were all blended in to the exact same level!! It was a perfectly flat white plain.....

So I lined up the road's weight limit sign, a small tree that I know is growing in the opposite ditch, and another small street sign a little further down the road and just aimed right down the middle of the three!!

Got to my dirveway safe and sound, but there was a slight moment of panic there when I realised I couldn't identify my street!! :lol:

I'll go out in the morning and take a picture, but the effect will be spoiled by the fact that my two neighbors will have driven down the road, leaving thier tire marks to show the road. Of course, they will have followed mine to get there.... :D
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Wish I'd had my camera tonight!!

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Mickey_D wrote:Up here in northern Minnesota we got a little bit of snow tonight. And a little wind as well.

My 17 mile drive home from work at 1:00 AM took EVERY ounce of my driving skill (not to toot my own horn, but I have a considerable amount), and it also took every bit of 4WD goodness my little turtle could stick on the road!!

Turning off the main road onto my dirt road I was faced with a slight challenge :
Just where exactly WAS my road!! :shock:

The fields on either side of the road, the 6 foot deep ditches, and the road itself were all blended in to the exact same level!! It was a perfectly flat white plain.....

So I lined up the road's weight limit sign, a small tree that I know is growing in the opposite ditch, and another small street sign a little further down the road and just aimed right down the middle of the three!!

Got to my dirveway safe and sound, but there was a slight moment of panic there when I realised I couldn't identify my street!! :lol:

I'll go out in the morning and take a picture, but the effect will be spoiled by the fact that my two neighbors will have driven down the road, leaving thier tire marks to show the road. Of course, they will have followed mine to get there.... :D
Crazy! I would love to have seen pics of all that! I've been through something similar about 10 years ago when I had just got my license. Except I got stuck!
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS