Possible names for hopeful regional gatherings

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Possible names for hopeful regional gatherings

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

Hoping to help organize a Midwest Tercel get together this Fall and would like to find a name folks like. Ideally, similar functions might take place in the PNW, Colorado region or anywhere a group wanted to meet. If we land on a satisfactory name, it will more likely be used in (hopefully) multiple regions and provide a measure of community. For example we might have the...

2020 Midwest Kettle, the PNW 2020 Cauldron
(both of these playing on somewhat obscure names for a flock of falcons (tercels).

or maybe less artsy and more to the point:
2020 Midwest Tercel Meet & Greet, 2020 Rocky Mountain Tercel Gathering

All comments and suggestions appreciated.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Possible names for hopeful regional gatherings

Post by Petros »

do you intend it to be for all Tercels, from 1979 to 1999, or just the Tercel4wd?

if you intend it to focus on just the T4wd, you should use that in the title (or use "Tercel4wd, and all models" if you do not want to exclude the others) or explain in a subtitle.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey Peter,

I figure it will be predominantly T4, but I don’t believe I would exclude anybody. Promotion would predominantly be here and on the Facebook site and I expect the weekend to include some off-roading.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

T4WD augury?

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Yaut
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4WD automatic, lifted 1.5", 15 inch wheels

Post by Yaut »

I like the idea of keeping it simple personally. I think Tercel Midwest Meet & Greet is an ideal name for it but I would be very interested in hearing other possible names for it.

Diarmait
'88 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD (red)
'87 Toyota Tercel DLX 4WD (white)
'86 Toyota Tercel DLX 4WD (white)
'85 Toyota Tercel DLX 4WD (tan)
'85 Toyota Tercel DLX 4WD (white)
'85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD (white)
'84 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD (dark orange)
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey all,

I am in my early 50s and not the most tech savvy, what website builders would you recommend for creating a basic informational website for the Tercel Midwest Meet & Greet? I assume FB has an option ($$?) as well. Wanting to build the site to post pics, share info and hopefully post conversations, etc.

There are many examples on FB, but if I try to set up a free account, it recognizes Tercel Midwest is not my name.

TIA,

Chris

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
SirFoxx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel w/ 7age

Post by SirFoxx »

NWMO wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:23 am Hey all,

I am in my early 50s and not the most tech savvy, what website builders would you recommend for creating a basic informational website for the Tercel Midwest Meet & Greet? I assume FB has an option ($$?) as well. Wanting to build the site to post pics, share info and hopefully post conversations, etc.

There are many examples on FB, but if I try to set up a free account, it recognizes Tercel Midwest is not my name.

TIA,

Chris
You can create either a "page", a "group", or an "event" on facebook, and its all free.

A page would be like "Toyota Tercels" where you go and like the page. "NWMO likes Toyota Tercels". Mainly what businesses use.

A group would be like the Tercel 4wd FB page, where its more like a forum.

An event is pretty self explanatory. Use it to detail the 5 W's of the event, and also so you know whos going, whos maybe, and whos not going. However, I am not sure if a standard person in the FB group can make an event. I can check later since I am an admin of the FB page.

If I were you, I'd look into make an event since that is what you're wanting to organize. I think it would be awesome to have any and all tercels show up, but that would be quite an undertaking if a huge crowd decides to join.
1988 DLX 4wd Tercel Wagon w/ weber (RIP)
1985 4wd Tercel SR5 (RIP)
1986 Base 2dr Hatch (RIP / PARTS)
1986 DLX 4wd Tercel Wagon with ???
1985 DLX 2dr Tercel Hatch w/manual swap
1981 2dr Toyota Tercel w/7age (RIP)
1981 3dr hatch Toyota Tercel w/Turbo 4AGE
1981 3dr hatch Toyota Tercel SR-5
SirFoxx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel w/ 7age

Post by SirFoxx »

NWMO wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:23 am Hey all,

TIA,

Chris
Chris--

I can make an event on the facebook page. If you need help checking to see if you are able to, let me know. If you can't create it, I'll set things up for you if you want.
1988 DLX 4wd Tercel Wagon w/ weber (RIP)
1985 4wd Tercel SR5 (RIP)
1986 Base 2dr Hatch (RIP / PARTS)
1986 DLX 4wd Tercel Wagon with ???
1985 DLX 2dr Tercel Hatch w/manual swap
1981 2dr Toyota Tercel w/7age (RIP)
1981 3dr hatch Toyota Tercel w/Turbo 4AGE
1981 3dr hatch Toyota Tercel SR-5
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Thanks Keegan,

I'm sure I can figure it out, I will give it a go this weekend. If I can get something put together, I will likely work on it some before sharing it so it's presentable when traffic hits.

Chris

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain