85 terc Reno NV

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Re: 85 terc Reno NV

Post by Mad_Marx »

damn, I'd almost buy it just to get my hands on the alloys :/ but I'm already becoming a Tercel hoarder, hope it finds a good home!
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

noname

Post by noname »

sold, already?!? that was fast! i missed out!!
Jamminfargo
My tercel:: 86 Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by Jamminfargo »

Holy smokes that car is a doppleganger for the one I just bought. Right down to the same exact drivers side seat tear. Good to see they all wear out in the same places. I just paid 1600 for mine with probably the same relative condition body and mine was/is not mechanically as well taken care of but Im working on it. That said, I think its a bargain (lol)
John
From the South but in Fargo because wife found her dream job
86 Tercel SR5 4WD (couldnt wait for that perfect rust free 22RE 4runner)
03 Mercury Marauder sold 4/5. In mourning
03 Altima 2.5SL (wifes cruiser)
florykitty
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 83 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5,85 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5,86 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 complete for parts,81Toyota tercel SR5 liftback old school

Post by florykitty »

Those cars Tercels 4wd they very popular here on west WA OR ID etc ,so they sold fast,even if you buy atvs they cost 2-3 times moore just for play,compare to tr4 you can get one for 1k-2k depends the condition with heat AC power steering etc and do the same thing plus driving on streets ,if you new here welcome to forum,we have nice Tercels Family here,allmust everyone owns a couple not just one
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gottolovem »

The car has not sold yet i had to pull the add because the young lady i built the car for can't find the title :shock:
We will be getting a duplicate title today at the dmv so the car will be available in a couple weeks.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gottolovem »

The car sold the day after i posted it full price :shock:
I could have got more but i held it for the first serious caller.
Two people tried to beat the first callers appointment and offered a little more money without even seeing it.
I guess there getting more desirable
I suspect the new owner will join the forum soon.
He has asked for assistance on learning how to swing wrenches and the sale felt right.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

florykitty wrote:The all-trac system on toyotas is not reliable as 4wd system what they use in the Tercel 4wd ,moore sophisticated system and when start not working properly ,will cost you moore then the car probably worth,is just my opinion,i own many cars but i would never buy a toyota all-trac
I'm not sure about that, The gearbox in the Corolla all-trac at least seems to be a lot stronger than the Tercel 4wd gearbox and is almost the same as the all-trac in the previa and celica. Owners have put 4agze high performance engines in without reliability problems.

Of course you have to maintain oil (I'd recommend synthetic) to get this reliability.

I think that you should look for All-trac or Tercel 4wd at the same time. Condition for your money and maintenance will be more important with these old cars than kms traveled.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

the all-trac trans is really durable, it only has the addition of a center diff and it never is a problem. I had an all-trac with 375+K miles on the original trans and it still shifted perfectly. The only thing that may be a maintenance issue is it uses a push button solenoid to lock out the diff for off road/snow, this button and solenoid (and all the contacts) could eventually wear out. Also, as with all of the all-tracs, the parts might be hard to find in a wrecking yard or as new replacement parts. There were a lot fewer all trac corollas sold in the USA.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)