Driveshafts

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
retro4wd

Driveshafts

Post by retro4wd »

I was wondering are driveshafts still available to buy new? Are there any parts that are no longer produced?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Driveshafts

Post by dlb »

i think it depends on where you are and how hard your parts supplier looks. i've been told that both drive shafts and passenger side tie rods were no longer in production but i have a good friend who works at the parts store i use and she's tracked both of these things down for me, brand new, when every other place was at a loss and told me there were none anywhere. i owe her a lot, obv.

so to answer, yes, you can still get driveshafts new...sometimes. and like i mentioned, passenger side tie rods seem to be an issue, at least here in BC canada. i could only get sway bar end bushings directly from toyota. that's all the difficult ones i've encountered.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

New GSP axles are available from Advance and others for virtually the same price as remans - around $140 +/- per pair. Some have used EMPI new, which I think is around the same price..
New, OE, are still available - at "only" $326 for the PS and $478 for the DS...total "only" $804...

I got inner and outer tie rods from Autozone back in '06 which were Japanese-made and identical to OEM - $132 for 4 rods and boots - the latter from Advance.
New, OE, are available for "only" $89 inner and $83 outer with $25 for the boots - these are EACH prices...total "only" $394...

NOTE that all OE prices are from Butler Toy in Indy, which has THE best OEM pricing of any dealer.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
blade
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: No tercel. (stolen)

Post by blade »

for the tie rods go to lord co i just bought 2 of each side so i have spairs. haha i geuss in just a horder hehehehehe
4wdchico
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Post by 4wdchico »

In case you were wondering about the the rear driveshaft on a t4wd: https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5334