1984 Tercel in Vancouver WA - $800 or trade

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
johnvincent
Advanced Member
My tercel:: waiting for the right one

1984 Tercel in Vancouver WA - $800 or trade

Post by johnvincent »

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/3270800878.html

What do you think, fellow forum members? Is it worth $800 with that welding job it needs? No pics unless you're "serious" about it.

No other indications about what it might need without contacting the guy first.
hey there i have a 1984 toyota tercel wagon 5speed 4wd..
it runs and drives just fine starts no problem runs great it need the new muffler welded on
along with about 2feet of pipe replaced also.. i have the new muffler just dont have the money to do it right now..
i would like to sell or trade it for something like a honda civic,toyota,chevy s10, 80's or 90's model is good would like another 5speed but automatic is fine..
the reason i would like to trade it is because im to tall for it my knees touch the steering wheel..
i would like to trade for something that i wont have to work on as mine is in good shape..

my name is josh i can be reached at 360-573-5669..i will send pics if your have the right car to trade and are seriouse thank you..
asking $800 or trade
North of 64
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: "Bones" 87 SR5 4wd wagon

Re: 1984 Tercel in Vancouver WA - $800 or trade

Post by North of 64 »

Always ask for pictures unless you're close enough to do a drive by
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

i never understand why people don't just post pics in the ad in the first place. just makes more work when you need to attach them to individual emails later.

the exhaust work shouldn't be expensive, especially is he is giving a new muffler with the car. but, i've found nothing is as good as people claim. you could very well get there and find rust, tears and stains in the interior, clunks and shudders when you drive it, etc. expect the worst, hope for the best. also, he doesn't mention how many miles are on it.

if it's in decent shape, $800 is a fair price.
johnvincent
Advanced Member

Post by johnvincent »

Thanks!

dlb: I know!!! It's so annoying. It really isn't that hard to get photos off your phone/camera and post them online. My best guess is that people like this are self-proclaimed technophobes who don't understand computers at all. It's just silly!
johnvincent
Advanced Member

Post by johnvincent »

I asked a bunch of questions and got some answers...I'll post them, just for the sake of following up:
hey there is a tiny patch of rust around the antenna..

interior is ok the ride side passenger floor needs new apolstry..

the only clunk is the pipe for the muffler because it broke off other that nope..

its has as of right now about 244,000miles..

i have replaced the plugs and plug wires and the front right hub assembly..

nothing els i bought it as is im the second owner that i know of..

title is clean no accidents..

i will add a few pics to the add just keep checking it out they will be on there..

and the 4wd does work too pretty well..

i have had no transmission problems at all

the only thing i think that could be replaced is the front right cv joint other than that it seems to be a solid car ..im asking $800 or a trade for another car i have no idea when the timing belt was last done..
Apparently he's going to update the ad with pictures.