Rust preventative and lubricant

Look around here for some great advice on getting the most out of your tools! Tips and tricks!
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Rust preventative and lubricant

Post by splatterdog »

Heard about this stuff on a technician forum and those that use it swear by it. I just picked up a couple cans so I can't comment on how great it is yet. Reviews elsewhere are very positive as well. http://www.fluid-film.com/
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Rust preventative and lubricant

Post by Petros »

where did you get it? how much was it? There were no retailers near me according to the website.

I use this corrosion inhibitor called "Corrosion-X", it is very costly, about $18 for a 16 oz spray can. works on alloy wheels to prevent corrosion under the lug nuts. LPS also works pretty well, but it too has become costly.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

10 bucks a 12oz spray can at the local John Deere dealer. It sounds like this is a normally stocked item for them. I guess the best way to do it, is to buy a gallon and use a paint/undercoating spayer or just brush on. Many different uses including leather conditioning/waterproofing. One guy sprayed and buffed it on the front of his car to make dead bugs come off easier. Supposed to bring out luster in old paint and plastic too.

This seller has free shipping over $25. Their undercoating kits at the bottom look like a good value. http://www.kellsportproducts.com/AS&NAS.html
GLet71
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 6-spd SR5 4wd Wagon

Post by GLet71 »

I have been using this stuff for years, and I love it! Spray a rust bolt and watch it bubble away! You can find the aerosol version at Home Hardware here in Canada.
Currently:
Majorette France Tercel 4WD - Fini
Formerly:
'87 6spd SR5 4WD modified Wagon (Ron, the post-apocalyptic summer ride)
'87 6spd dlx 4wd Wagon (Pinkman Got Nuthin', aka Pinky)
'87 Auto dlx 4WD Wagon (Otto, temporary parts car)
'88 6spd SR5 4WD Wagon (Perry, the parts car)