limits on length of posts or other limits?

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
David Yount

limits on length of posts or other limits?

Post by David Yount »

I am a new member, just signed up couple days ago, 07.11.12, and I started a new thread in Repair. When I entered my second post in the thread and clicked the "Submit" button a blank screen popped up and said something like "Unacceptable. Please go back."

I really had no idea, but I clicked on "Submit" again. Same error.

I logged out, closed the browser on my computer, opened the browser, returned to the website, login, navigated to the thread, entered my full reply, clicked "Submit", and same error.

So then I thought maybe there were limits for new members? My first post was long. My second post was not as long. But, my second post wasn't being accepted. So I tried just the first part of my post, clicked "Submit", and it worked.

Okay.

Tried to post the remainder of my text in a third post, but no.
"Unacceptable. Please return."

Then I tried a smaller piece of what remained, and it worked. ???

But I still have a piece remaining from my intended original second post that I am not allowed to post.

Do I need to ask for greater limits on my new account??

(I might not be able to check back for several days; sorry)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: limits on length of posts or other limits?

Post by dlb »

no, there are no limits on new members and their posts. the only limit is that you cannot post back to back within the space of a minute or so. the forum can be a little glitchy at times so it will probably act normal for you within a day or so.
David Yount

Post by David Yount »

I haven't posted for over 3 days. I tried to post an update to my thread in Repair Questions forum, and when I click the "Submit" button I get a white page with "Unacceptable. Go Back" at the very top.

Why can't I post? Heck, I don't even know if this will post when I try to "Submit" this?????

[ submit ]......

Okay, it worked. I just posted the top part of this post. Now I clicked "Edit" so I could add more.

Weird.....

Okay, now I'll go back to Repair Questions and see if I can post on my thread.....

[ submit ]........

Back again. I can only post 2 lines of text in the thread in Repair Questions. But I can post over 50 lines of text in this thread in Forum Talk. I have no limits in this forum "Forum Talk" but it seems like I have a 2 line limit in the thread I began in the forum "Repair Questions"

Why is this happening?

[ submit ]..........
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

sounds like a glitch, possibly with your account. there have been a few people that have mentioned having to start a new account due to some issues. try that and see if you still have the same problem. if so, look up forum member "neu" and send him a private message (aka PM). he is the board wizard here and should be able to help you.