So long old car.

Post here about...well...anything!
grzydj

Post by grzydj »

I closed a deal on a pre owned 2004 Subaru Forester XS today. I'm either going to trade my trusty old '85 POWA WAGON in, or sell it to a guy here at work. He's desperate for a car, and I have no need for it. Either way, it's kinda sad as I grew to like the frumpy little thing over the years, but alas, I need something that my wife and I can both drive, and something with safety features as we're starting a family.

I have to say though that the Subaru Forester is about as frumpy and weird as the Toyota Tercel wagon. The Forester kind of mimics the classic audacious lines of the Tercel wagon. I'll still have my 4WD, AWD actually, cargo room boxy looks, and 103 more HP to boot!

It's a pretty strange feeling. I've never bought anything remotely new, always preferring to buy worn out old junk and keeping it going. Heck, I'll have a car with a factory warranty still on it.

I'll have a lot of good memories about my old wagon. Taking it places it was never intended to go, overloading it to the gills with home improvement materials, sliding through the snow, and heck, even driving it on frozen hockey rinks while I lived in Minnesota. It'll spend its later years retired in Florida.

Goodbye old friend. You will be missed.
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Sorry to hear the Tercel is going! Sounds like it did well for you though and it is time to move on. Good luck with your Subaru.

Hey, you know what Subaru spells backwards? U-R-A-BUS (you are a bus) :lol: :lol: .
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
grzydj

Post by grzydj »

Memories of the car will probably fade the first time I have to merge into traffic. Yeah, it was a good car, but it served its purpose well, and it's time to move on.

Here's a pic of the new forester:
<a href='http://www.imageshack.us' target='_blank'>Image</a>
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I know, when you get a new or newer vehicle you kind of don't need a Tercel anymore if you have one. I was lucky my dad didn't get rid of his when he bought a newer Corolla.
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
grzydj

Post by grzydj »

Well, I just sold the wagon. $275.00.

I could have gotten more for it, but a guy here at work needed a car bad since he doesn't have one at all. At least it'll still be around. B)
grzydj

Post by grzydj »

UPDATE: Haha. I'm not getting the car. Typical car salemen BS. They tried jacking the price up on me a grand. I told them where to get off at. :rolleyes:

I'll keep lookin'.
grzydj

Post by grzydj »

The car has been offically sold. :(
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

You'll be back...once you get tired of that new car smell and all that fancy stuff in there..... B) :D
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

grzydj

Post by grzydj »

I sold the car to a guy I work with. He's really happy with the car. He even used it to move last weekend. He was amazed at how much stuff he could cram in that little car. ;)
Toyota's_Abortion

Post by Toyota's_Abortion »

takza wrote: You'll be back...once you get tired of that new car smell and all that fancy stuff in there..... B)    :D
He'll check back in from time to time, that it :). If I had a new scooby I would take off from 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds and never look back.
Sould have bought a Datsun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

I would trade my 1984 tercel 4wd heap in for a subaru any day. We used to have a 1988 subaru gl-10 wagon (thats the turbocharged one) and it never had any problems with the transmission and the engine, and it had nearly 300,000 miles on it when we traded it in. Subarus are nototious for lasting way past 300,000 miles, without much work or needing any major overhauls (all with proper maintenance). Probably the most suitable vehicle for me right now would have to be a toyota pickup, because I own 2 motorcycles and a quad, and the tercel cant carry or tow them. :)
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

grzydj, you shouldn't have done that with your old Tercel 4wd! Your making me break into thousands of tears. That car was the best car ever and you're giving it away. You are making me feel these emotions about your giving the Tercel 4wd away: this: :( and this: :angry: . Why can't you tell your wife that she doesn't know about Tercel 4wd's and that you really want to keep it, by getting it back, etc. Then tell your wife that you'll install airbags in it. I think she'd like that. You just upset me grzydj. I'm depressed now. Bye.
K-Business