Happy 16th tercel4wdrules!!!!!!

Post here about...well...anything!
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Happy Birthday man. It all gets better from 16 (did for me anyhow - maybe thats cause I was allowed to drive finally :D )
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Thanks! I'm working on the driving thing... I thought I would of been driving by now, but its not that easy. Especially if you are young! :lol:
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I have some sage advice...don't run into anything..... ;)
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Ah man! If your 16 yrs old, you get free scratches on your Tercel and also your window! Courtesy of some jerks that have been using your car as a trampoline and as a Lazyboy for the past week (with sarcastic tone). Those jerks need to be run into. That, or they need someone to teach them not to mess with a PROUD Tercel owner! Luckily they didn't break my bloody windows or scratch it deep enough to expose the bare metal... No respect for any cars eh... then how would they like to be drenched in sulfuric acid on their birthday? Sorry, I'm just a little mad. :angry:
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Hehehehehe.... Late happy 16th! I've been rather busy the past few, haven't logged on. It does get a good shade better from 16, as an observation of a near 5 month veteran of being 16. Of course, it helps if you have a deer particle (lol) scatterer so you don't have to worry about whether you should destroy your front end or your front quarter frame. lol. Just don't let yourself get too angry on the road. Yeah, there are idiots out there, especially near the bigger cities, but you ABSOLUTELY have to remember that the guy next over may be packing and may not exactly enjoy seeing a certain special finger. Especially near big cities again. If someone just happens to cut you off at a bad spot in the series of daily events, best thing you can do is to just give them a friendly wave and imagine their head being served to king of the troglodytes... lol.

Do be safe when you get on the road. Colorado driving has been scarey enough at times, so don't let the big city overwhelm you or you could wind up in a hell of a terrifying spot. And also just remember... Don't risk your life over the car. If someone claims they are going to shoot out your tires or what-have-you, don't make them ponder shooting out that pink goo from your cranium. People are crazy.

Errrrrmmm... What was I saying... Bah, after 28 hours of waking activity, your systems don't quite function at 100% optimum performance.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Thanks, Typrus! Yes, you're right. I'll be careful with these jerks! If they're mad, smile at them. That's what my teacher says because you never know what they might have with them. I also don't want gray goo running out of my cranium either. I'll be safe; I'll just need to spend some time at the skid pad and put a strut tower brace on my Tercel. Right now, I'm probably going to go look at a 84 SR5 tomorrow. I saw it in craigslist, it has a rebuilt engine, but it has been rear-ended on the left side. The guy wants $750 and claims to be the original owner and seems honest. If I go see it I'll post it up in a different thread.

Here are some pics of the barbaric (well, it's not like they broke my windows) damage. I'm sick of these cheap cameras! I would tag the photos to make the damage more apparent, but my main computer is having some issues. Enjoy!

This is just some of the damage. If I had better camera, then it would be visible. The camera makes it look like nothing.

It actually extends farther up and to the rear where the rear window panel is at. I'll illustrate it in another pic when I get my computer working so that I can edit it.

The scratches are here but you really can't see them. I'll edit it later.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I can see them... Ugh... Now I'm wishing I could sell you my 84 hehehe... Maybe I can get my folks to strike up a deal on my 86? It may have a bent frame, but it'd be less to fix than a rear-end I'm sure. I'll talk to my folks. I need a 2nd Terc to work with when I get money, so maybe I can get my folks to trade you for your 84??? I dunno. It's a far-off shot but I can talk to my folks. The only thing my 86 will need is a working engine.
I'll try to work something out?!?
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Sure, I haven't gone to see the 84 yet, but I talked to the guy some more and he told me that (or he believed that he had already told me) that the heater and A/C don't work. He also said that the tires had like 10k left in them, the front shocks were replaced not long ago, and that the brakes had been recently done as well. It also has the non-working gas gauge like most Tercels do. What I'm concerned about if there is any structural damage in the rear. I guess I won't know until I see it. What I can do however, is wet the rear tires and see if I get two straight tire marks, otherwise... I'm going to start making my Tercel checklist so that I won't forget to check stuff on Monday when we hopefully go to see it. In fact, I actually got carried away talking to the guy as if we had a 'done deal.' If we buy it, then my dad is already planning to 'get rid' of the 83. NEVER! I'll stop him, it's just simply not worth it. It has new rad hoses, new rad, and a remanufactured alternator!

Oh yeah, there is also another Tercel for sale in my area that has a bad engine that is smoking white smoke and the guy wants $150 for it. I would take it, but I don't know if it has already been sold. Jerry could use it if it doesn't have that much rust.

Well think about it Typrus and see if you can come up with something and talk to your folks as well. I also might know who scratched my Terc, too! If you come up with an idea just e-mail me if you can.