Updated With Photo: Ultimate Tercel 4WD Cruise Control!

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
buffalomesa
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 Dlx 2WD Wagon

Updated With Photo: Ultimate Tercel 4WD Cruise Control!

Post by buffalomesa »

I started looking for a Zemco Compucruise 44 driving computer for my own Tercel, and ended up buying out the remaining inventory of a former Zemco dealer. in addition to a full function cruise control, this was one of the most advanced aftermarket driving computers of all time, and it's designed for a carbureted car. The features include:

*Clock
*Elapsed Time
*Stopwatch
*Trip Time
*ETA
*Alarm (wakeup or reminder)Distance Traveled (miles or KM)
*Distance Till Arrival (miles or KM)
*Distance Till Empty (miles or KM)
*Fuel Used Since Fillup (gallons or liters)
*Fuel Used on Trip (gallons or liters)
*Fuel to Arrival (gallons or liters)
*Fuel to Empty (gallons or liters)
*Current Vehicle Speed (MPH or KPH)
*Average Vehicle Speed for Trip (mph or KPH)
*Current Fuel Consumption (GPH or LPH)
*Average Fuel Consumption for Trip (GPH or LPH)
*Current Fuel Efficiency (MPG or L/100 KM)
*Average Fuel Efficiency for Trip (MPG or L/100 KM)
*Inside Temperature (F or C)
*Outside Temperature or Coolant Temperature (F or C)
*Battery Voltage (volts)
*Cruise Control (digitally input speed)
*Cruise Control (engage at current speed)
*Cruise Control (resume)
*Night Time Display Dimmer

The instant and average fuel consumption readings make this a great tool for maximizing your fuel economy in these days of near $4 gas. The dealer I got these from had them in storage for approximately 25 years, and they're absolutely brand new in the box. $150 plus shipping (figure $12 CONUS) gets you one. PM if you're interested.
[photo]24[/photo]
buffalomesa
Advanced Member

Re: Updated With Photo: Ultimate Tercel 4WD Cruise Control!

Post by buffalomesa »

I added a photo of the kit in the box. The part wrapped in plastic in the upper right is the gasoline flow sensor. Below that is the cruise control vacuum sensor, and of course that's the display/processor unit on the upper left. Using the bracket in the kit, the display can be mounted angled out of the pocket under the radio.
buffalomesa
Advanced Member

Post by buffalomesa »

Here's a way for any of you interested in one of these kits to save quite a bit of money. Windows Live (live.com) is currently running a promotion where you can save 30% off any buy-it-now purchase on ebay paid via PayPal. You sign up for a live.com account, then sign up for a cashback account by clicking the cashback link at the top of the live.com homepage. Make sure your ebay and PayPal accounts use the same email address as your live.com account.

The trick is that you have to use the search bar at live.com and click through the gray cashback link for it to work. None of the combinations of words in my ebay Compucruise listing will work through this search. I can put Toyota Tercel in the title, however, and that'll come up. Then you can buy the kit for $105 plus shipping. If you have a current 10% code from ebay (they pop up when you log on if you have one), you can combine it and get the price down to $94.50 plus shipping.

I'm making no extra money from relaying this info, it's just a way to move the kits and save the buyers a large amount of money. With gas prices dropping, the savings should buy more than a tank of gas just about anywhere in the US. I'm not marking the kits up in the process like a lot of ebayers have been. If you want to go this route, open both accounts, read all the rules, then email me at buffalomesa66 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll set up the listing.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Hmmmm....
:?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
buffalomesa
Advanced Member

Post by buffalomesa »

I know, it's an odd method and the explanation is confusing. I don't expect anybody to sign up for it on my word alone, I want anyone interested to search and read up for it themselves. It's a real cash back program that I'd been seeing on a lot of forums (and ignoring) till I finally researched it to see why everybody was talking about it. Besides getting cash back from buy-it-now ebay purchases, you can also use it to get a percentage back (varies) through a lot of online stores.
buffalomesa
Advanced Member

Post by buffalomesa »

The cashback program just dropped to 25%. Also, it doesn't look like I mentioned that this is a Microsoft promotion to get people to search through their live.com search engine. In this case, it's a joint venture between Microsoft, PayPal, and ebay. If you follow the steps, you'll get a confirmation at the bottom of the ebay page telling you how much cashback you qualify for before you click to confirm the purchase. Within about a half hour after you complete the buy-it-now, you'll get a message in your ebay messages telling you that you have cashback. It shows up as pending in your live.com account within about 2 days.

BTW, I used it over the weekend to buy a head gasket set for my son's car, and a 150lb digital shipping scale for me. I have about $33 pending in my cashback account. Yes, you have to wait to transfer it back to PayPal, but 25% back is still a great percentage.