1986 Tercel 4WD SR5 being parted out

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
tonythayer

1986 Tercel 4WD SR5 being parted out

Post by tonythayer »

The engine was knocking pretty badly and upon taking it apart I found the #2 piston falling apart. The person hosting my project is getting antsy and I am losing patience with the project.
Here are the specifics:
The car is a Canadian SR5, so it lacks power steering and AC. It has ~340,000km on the body and an unknown number of miles on the engine. The engine was replaced sometime in the early 90's to best of my knowledge.
The interior is black on grey, and complete. Not the cleanest, but not too shabby either. The dash in KM instead of miles. There is no inclometer.
The body is straight and clean, with only one patch of rust on the right-rear-quarter panel.
The engine is complete(ly in pieces), minus the #2 piston. The block needs to be overbored to clean out the damage from the unhappy piston. The head is in good shape but will need to be cleaned.
I have a full engine gasket set that has been opened but unused. I have a new timing belt, clutch, and pressure plate as well.
The transmission was shifting well and smooth, and the 4wd engagement is flawless at any speed. There is no grabbing at all.
Make me an offer on parts or the whole car if you like!
Please email questions or offers to tony.thayer@gmail.com.
Some pictures are attached.
CRW_1556.jpg
CRW_1557.jpg
CRW_1569.jpg
CRW_1572.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Re: 1986 Tercel 4WD SR5 being parted out

Post by Neu »

hey, portland oregon eh? Well how about when I get some money into my hands I'll drive up there and get the transmission from you.

What do you want for the tranny? (This includes everything that would normally come with the tranny on these cars..)

i'd be willing to do up to 200 dollars or so.

Let me know!
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

Shoot me an email and we can coordinate.
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

Tercel's going to the junker this weekend.
Any parts will need to be scavenged and negotiated by Friday.
jed
My tercel:: 84 tercel sr5, 6 speed, forged gear shift, happy face timing cover, barber pole drive shaft

Post by jed »

i have not updated my tercel vs wild chevy and the insurance agent yet. exhilarating drama and comedy, with a touch of adventure.
i am really interested in the steering rack of your car. i have been running manual on my power steering rack for some time, and since my rack was/is damaged i would just like to once and for all finish the conversion (properly) to manual. i think, and would like to know from anyone if the racks are interchangeable.
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

Jed;
I believe that the two are interchangeable, but you will also need to pull the steering column as the two are dissimilar.
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

The tercel's going to the U-Pull-It on 111th and SE Foster in Portland, Or. I feel a bit of an ass for pulling the car out from under Neu's transmission-needing grasp, but the wrecking yard won't tow without the car being complete. The upshot is that the car will be entirely accessible once it's up on those welded together wheels they use out there. They've been fair with pricing whenever I've had occasion to go out there as well.

One more terkle bites the dust...
4wdchico
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Post by 4wdchico »

Do you still have the car? If so, the wrecking yard will never notice that the plastic splash guard below the front of the engine is missing. I could really use one of those...
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

tonythayer wrote:The tercel's going to the U-Pull-It on 111th and SE Foster in Portland, Or. I feel a bit of an ass for pulling the car out from under Neu's transmission-needing grasp, but the wrecking yard won't tow without the car being complete. The upshot is that the car will be entirely accessible once it's up on those welded together wheels they use out there. They've been fair with pricing whenever I've had occasion to go out there as well.

One more terkle bites the dust...
No biggee. Not what to do with my thursday morning..hmm
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

4wdchico;
Sorry, that piece is gone.
pattywagon
My tercel:: Tercel SR5 1986

Post by pattywagon »

Do you still have car? Need a Water Temperature Switch. Thermosate switch that comes out of the radiator near bottom. Thanks