Pics of my 2(!) Tercs

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
sdoan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4wd DLX 2nd owner (sold), 1984 SR5 3rd owner (sold), 1984 with 4A engine and factory sunroof SR5 3rd owner.

Pics of my 2(!) Tercs

Post by sdoan »

I've had the 1983 for more than 11 years and somehow last month I ended up with a second Tercel 4wd. Amazing. :mrgreen:

Here are some pics if I can get this photobucket thing to work... with a little help from my super tech savvy gf 8)
1983 4wd at Crater Lake summer 2007. I bought the Tercel in October 1996 and am the second owner. The original owner had the Toyota dealer service the car and it has been extremely well cared for. It is a DLX with rear window wiper and defroster making it a great winter car. It has a near perfect body and no rust. It had about 160,000 miles on it when I bought it and as of April 2008 has over 282,000 miles.

The '83 with a snow accumulation after a couple days of cross country skiing near Winthrop, North Cascades Dec. 2005.

The '83 near Winthrop, North Cascades.

The engine in the '83 burned a valve in #3 cylinder in April, 2007. It was driven home about 350 miles on 3 cylinders and the engine replaced with a used JDM 3A engine. As of April 2008 the replacement engine has >12,000 miles.

The '83 Terc in the summer 2007, hauling bikes for a ride on Galbraith Mtn.

This is the second Tercel that I got at the end of Feb. It is a 1984 SR5 almost the same color as the '83. At 137,000 miles the engine had a broken #4 piston that caused loud knocking and smoke. I received the car from the second owner. The body is straight and rust free, but the paint is badly sun damaged.

The second Tercel again. The original damaged 3A engine was pulled and replaced with a 4A engine from a Corolla in March 2008. The 4A has received new rings, bearings, oil pump and a valve job.

I can't afford 2 cars and should probably sell one of them... :(
The weird thing is that because of better maintenance the '83 with 282k miles is in better shape in many ways than the '84 with 137k miles.
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Re: Pics of my 2(!) Tercs

Post by jetswim »

Nice pix!! Thanks for sharing!!
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Wow!
Are those clean!
Thanks for the pix!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

washington..ya know we're trying to get a meet together for oregon sometime!

Nice terdcel's though!
sdoan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4wd DLX 2nd owner (sold), 1984 SR5 3rd owner (sold), 1984 with 4A engine and factory sunroof SR5 3rd owner.

Post by sdoan »

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
Neu wrote:washington..ya know we're trying to get a meet together for oregon sometime!

Nice terdcel's though!
A meet would be fun - and hard to take too seriously. :D
Mac
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mac »

I think i got deja-vu seeing that picture of the tercels engine out of the car, lol.
Tercel 4WD "POWER WAGOON" with 4A-C
aka: "no powa steering tercel, oh oh oh!"
mods: ignition at 10 DBTDC and 90 octane gas.
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

sdoan wrote:Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
Neu wrote:washington..ya know we're trying to get a meet together for oregon sometime!

Nice terdcel's though!
A meet would be fun - and hard to take too seriously. :D

Who said anything about seriously? It would be a complete joke, we'd probably spend more time eating lunch than actual mud slinging. Although I have a few spots that'd challenge anyone who hasn't driven 'em before.