Heater blower speed control

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
terrytercel
My tercel:: 1986 SR5 1984

Re: Heater blower speed control

Post by terrytercel »

Highlander wrote: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:30 am NO those aren't what I use. You can use regular slip joint pliers, but just use the very tips of them across the tube of the terminal. The part of the terminal that you want to use is the portion where the wire is to be crimped into the terminal, not the terminal itself. The reason that I use ignition pliers is that I can get a whole lot of pressure exerted on a single line across the tube since the plier jaws only meet at the very tip. The more pressure, the better since you are trying to make both a mechanical and electrical connection onto two pieces of metal I also use both hands to apply the pressure to crimp down. I think you'll be able to se this pic..
No, it won't matter much if you remove a coil, it will reduce the resistance in the circuit, so you'll have a slow speed that's a little bit faster than before, that's all.
I am in communication with a guy in Dural, NSW, who has a lot of parts for my two sprites. I'm also related to Burt Munro (Kiwi) who set a number of MC speed records in the 70s at Bonneville. I'll check out 'Chopper'.. 'ave a good day!! :D
My Good (morning) Highlander, who is 'the guy' in Dural NSW? I'm in NSW, my fan (heater/demister) stopped working maybe a decade ago. I was leaving the Post Office carpark, there was a distinct odour and slight smoke of electric burning. Now for rego I have to get working. One of my most moving films: The worlds fastest Indian. I had a close friend who knew Bert, Alex was from Invercargill, hence knew of Bert's story.
I'm after Tercels?
jEN > TERRY TERCEL
terrytercel
My tercel:: 1986 SR5 1984

Post by terrytercel »

PS; I'm not a 'Newbie' some how my original membership crashed and I had to recreate. jEN >terrytercel
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

jEN,

I see your original account tERRI TERCEL from 2012, but it appears it only had 3 posts. You have been using your current account for around 4 years. The "Newbie" relates to number of posts, not time with the site. That said, Highlander hasn't posted in 4 years, so I don't know that you will reach him.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

I had my two lower fan speeds not working. Thanks to dlb for the photos, they were a huge help. Took me about 10 minutes to do everything and have it back together so if anyone comes across this know it's a pretty easy fix. It definitely isn't a fix you should avoid doing.