Situation

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Situation

Post by Typrus »

So here's the deal. Likely all but one of our Tercs is going away. White will stay at least for a while is the plan right now. Why?
Too much stress from neighbors.
Too much money having to be put into them.
I'm tired of having to deal with the routine maintenance that should be no big deal but due to my folks holding the pursestrings turns into these month-long periods with no car.

I have a business to work on seeding roots for and I can't have a car that needs work as often as a 20+ year old car needs it.
I love my Terc to death, but I need to move on for now.
Basically, its just time.

As such.... Blue and Red will be getting torn apart before horribly long. Silver will be getting as fixed up as possible then sold. White will stay owing to its significant recent investment.

Thats the plan to this point.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
CASE

but why?

Post by CASE »

have you considered shooting the neighbors and selling their stuff to finance your TERC stable? I know it sounds extreme, but they're kinda forcing your hand aren't they? when people in my 3rd world neighborhood walk up to my car with a slimjim and a jamming-key in the wee hours of the morning-I let off 3 rounds before shouting "stopit or i'll shootcha!" -If you wanna canibalize your less mobile ones, keep in mind there is probably room for 3 engines in the back there, it would be pretty funny to carry a spare engine...huh huh
-CASE
ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

So you have annoying neighbors too? I just moved to so cal and am living with my aunt and uncle. The lady across the street is one of the worst neighbors I have dealt with so far. I was turning around one day, and I knocked the curb with my front tire, and she comes running out the front door screaming at me that I am a wreckless driver and that she is calling the police. I told her to call the police because hitting the curb is not a crime. The rest of the day, she sat in the front yard of her house watching me arc weld in my front yard. I used to live on 10 acres, and nobody was daring enough to come up and confront me about my yard cars and heavy equipment parts in the yard :D
ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

I forgot to ask, what kind of business are you starting? I have been thinking about starting my own business, owning and operating a mini excavator, skid steer, or a kubota, doing small excavation and grading jobs.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Has to do with the net.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew