mud flaps 4 1983 tercel wagon

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Guest_ian

Post by Guest_ian »

what other mudflaps will fit 83 tercel
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Ian,Theres about 60 registered Members on this Site.Aproxamatly 1/3 of those Members contribute(interact)to some degree.About 10 of those Members contribute greatly,and for my money,if they where the only ones,That would be Fine.To me,Quality beats Quantity every time in the long run,in life.Im guessing that the other 2/3rds are Semi~Dormant and waiting for a "Real~Problem" to happen and make it worthwhile too participate.I have no problem with that,you get what you pay for,works for me.An important differance(and Im speaking for myself) between paticipants like yourself and the Semi~Dormants is that the SD's took the aproxamate Two~Minutes it takes and Registered with the Site.So,for the record,I will Not be responding to those who do~not Register with~the~site.The price is small...and you get what you pay for. Alan :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

A '?' would be nice at the end of your sentence too ;) .

Good question though. I've never looked for alternate mudflaps than those from tercels because tercel mudflaps are generally not hard to find at the wreckers. If you find something else though, let us know.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Your best bet would be to buy a good set of univeral ones, the kind that go around the corner of the wheelwell. These are flexible and will fit pretty well given the Tercel's simple wheelwell shape. Or look at junkyards for original ones. Toyota doesn't sell the original mudguard anymore, I've tried to buy it from them.
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

I've had this problem too.
My Tercel didn't have the mudflaps on it when I bought it. They're not hard to steal, only being bolted on. :angry:

Wreckers here in Tasmania don't tend to see many Tercels, so they don't keep parts. <_<

A lot of universal ones simply don't fit, unfortunately.

Thanks....
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Lateer,I see them all the time on my J~yard donar-cars.I could "Grab a set" for probably $10-U.S.,but I would imagine the shiping cost are prohibitive? ;)
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

I think it would be awesome to find some chrome mud flaps...
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Thereminator wrote:Lateer,I see them all the time on my J~yard donar-cars.I could "Grab a set" for probably $10-U.S.,but I would imagine the shiping cost are prohibitive? ;)
Problem is that in Tasmania, there're just heaps of Subarus but no Tercels.
I can't find parts for them, as there's just not that many around. :angry:

I've either got to go to mainland Australia for a wrecked part, and if I'm doing that then I might as well get a new one. <_<

If anyone in Australia knows of a spare set of mudflaps for a Tercel, let me know and I'll see about buying them from you. :D
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Yeah,theres a couple other Aussie's on the site that might be able to help you. B)
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Well, for you lucky sons of bitches that find Tercel 4WD mudflaps at junkyards, I will make it worth your time to send me a decent set of 4. Well, maybe if there's that many to be found, offer a set to Ian first since he asked first.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Juando wrote: I think it would be awesome to find some chrome mud flaps...
Here you go:

<a href='http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Prod ... pId-485711' target='_blank'>http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Prod ... -485711</a>

Best I could do on short notice....... :blink:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

A~C,next time Im down there(1-month?) grab~a~set and will figure~out the cheepest way to get'em to ya.They tend to be worn at the bolt~holes and in great need of paint(4wd),but nothing you cant handle in your Secret-Labratory! :o :D :o :blink:
DaveG1
Advanced Member

Post by DaveG1 »

My Tercel has really nice mudflaps! All four of 'em. Buy 'em and I'll throw in the car!
Juando
Advanced Member

Post by Juando »

thanks Takza, it actually may be something I am interested in. I am gonna take some pics of my j-mobile tomoow I think and post em..just to give an idea of the damage on he car..heh. I am itching to start work on turning it to a convertable..but I am dealing with workers comp stuff because I hurt my back at wrk a few months ago..and if someone sees me doing work on my car..I am screwed..so I just sit and stare and daydream....sigh.....
them: so you're telling me your tercel has 1.5 liters...where as my pepsi has two?

me: yes, can you seat 5 people in your pepsi...and does it have 4WD? oh...my bad
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Thereminator wrote: A~C,next time Im down there(1-month?) grab~a~set and will figure~out the cheepest way to get'em to ya.They tend to be worn at the bolt~holes and in great need of paint(4wd),but nothing you cant handle in your Secret-Labratory! :o :D :o :blink:
Secret Laboratory?

IS 3A-C a chemist or something?