Australian sales brochure

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
jamiec

Australian sales brochure

Post by jamiec »

[/img]Image
[/img]Image
[/img]Image

i think this brochure would be very rare.
does any one else have any sales brochures to show?
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Never seen that one before. I have an '83 and '87 brochure. I've seen the same as mine offered on aussie ebay quite a bit, usually $5-$8 each and a cool read. I allways notice all the hardcore photo retouching they would have done in the pre photoshop days.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
jamiec

Post by jamiec »

Thanks for that Mattel i will try
to buy that one. :D
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Sweet, thanks for sharing.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I have a dumb question...with right hand drive....are the pedals arranged the same as left hand? I sort of hope so if I ever had to drive one.

They hit on all the good points of the car...except maybe to exaggerate about all that power?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Iain
Top Notch Member

Post by Iain »

takza wrote:They hit on all the good points of the car...except maybe to exaggerate about all that power?
LOL I was thinking the same thing...

-1992 TCR10 Previa LE -Thanks Jetswim-
-1987 AL25 Tercel SR5 -Sold To Jetswim-
-2000 PL2000 Neon LE -Sold to spencersummerfield-
-1999 PL Neon SE -Stolen, recovered cut in half. R.I.P.-
-1987 AE86 Corolla GT-S Coupe - Sold (I want it back!)-
jammin1911
Top Notch Member

Post by jammin1911 »

takza wrote:I have a dumb question...with right hand drive....are the pedals arranged the same as left hand? I sort of hope so if I ever had to drive one.
Yea the pedal arrangement is the same... clutch on left, etc.
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Lol my brochure ('87) calls the engine 'peppy'. I guess that's a better sales pitch than 'just adequate'.

Also, what's with the 'SR' series engine? Internal Toyota thing or is it an Aussie thing?
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Note the rear seat shoulder belts. I wish they were still available here. The first couple of times the gkids got in the back, I had to explain why Goldie was not equipped with them - they looked at me as though I was giving them sharp knives and scissors to play with...
Of course, I also had to explain what the window winders were, and also why I kept moving that big rod that stuck up out the floor - ever try to explain a gearbox to a 7 year-old?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

I had a RHD when I lived in Japan. The pedals are the same, shift pattern same but you use your left hand. I found it easier to get used to driving on the left side of the road than I did switching back to the right.
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

dcn wrote:Also, what's with the 'SR' series engine? Internal Toyota thing or is it an Aussie thing?
I think Toyota was hiding the real engine codes from the public. I have an old ad for the AE86, they refer to the 4A-GE as the TC-16. :?
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

SR = SUPER RESPONSIVE in australia marketing slang!

SR5 = SUPER RESPONSIVE 5? (5 gears? doors? dunno) :lol:
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Hmm, maybe it should be Seriously Resilient or something Responsive? Nahh not so much.
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I always thought it was an Asian reverse piggyback on the German designation of really hot cars as " RS, " for "RennSport," or "Racing."
Other side of the International Date Line, perhaps? :wink:
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain