I'm asking santa for a chamois this chrissy

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

I'm asking santa for a chamois this chrissy

Post by Mattel »

A few shots from down the coast the other day got to flick into 4wd for only the second time in a year ( :shock: !), welcome to the great ocean road or at least the lesser ocean road which is the dirt track I sometimes take to my friends block of land down there. Heck I wish i could reduce the contrast on my camera a little - thats the aussie son for you, still that paints original and it's only slightly faded (does dust make a good sunsreen?).

she almost looks aggresive from this angle!

I call this one.. blue ice
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Ooooh, I'd like to go at that one for a couple hours with my cleaning gear. Nice one Mattel!
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Great pics. I really like the scenery there. Dang, I really want to go to Australia one of these days, buy a 4x4 (maybe a terc?), and do some exploring. The ocean in the back ground looks nice and warm. Unlike the very cold pacific we have here in western Canada.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Good shots -
If it's been answered before, I apologize - but: What is that little black gizzie on the left front fender top?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Iain
Top Notch Member

Post by Iain »

ARCHINSTL wrote:Good shots -
If it's been answered before, I apologize - but: What is that little black gizzie on the left front fender top?
Tom M.
Looks like a CB antenna base...am I right Mattel? :?

-1992 TCR10 Previa LE -Thanks Jetswim-
-1987 AL25 Tercel SR5 -Sold To Jetswim-
-2000 PL2000 Neon LE -Sold to spencersummerfield-
-1999 PL Neon SE -Stolen, recovered cut in half. R.I.P.-
-1987 AE86 Corolla GT-S Coupe - Sold (I want it back!)-
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hey DCN, love to let you have a go as well :D , although our car cleaning products are totally diferent than you have in North America. we don't get seafoam either. Water restrictions currently mean we can't use any sort of hose on our cars currently!

GTS- the shots are a bit deceptive, although prob warmer than north pacific, water temp in the southern ocean ranges from 12 degrees to a max of 16 so I still paddled out for a surf later that day in a full wetsuit and booties. I heard you guys just got a cold snap - these shots would look pretty temping I'm sure! You could pick yourself up a really nice Tercel for about $800 US with (wait for it) absolutly no rust! wheb you get over here!

Arch - that's a CB arial mounting spot from a former owner, which is weird is that this car was first bought and sold in the city. If someone needs one, I'm happy to send it over to them as I go cellular these days.

Cheers guys
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms