My new old tercel ;)

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Rasmus
Top Notch Member

My new old tercel ;)

Post by Rasmus »

Yes, its true folks - I bought another one. The last one died a good while ago, fire and brimstone I tell you what!

Anywho, this one had every option except sunroof and inclinometer and is quite nifty - only 153000 km on it! Barely seated the rings ffs! ;)

Here are some pics after I rustoleummed it and put my old rims on it.

- R
I love my tercel :)
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

You forgot to do the bodywork 1st? :D Looks better than the house paint I have on mine though.

What are those rims off of?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

niiice, will you be racing this one also ??
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Rasmus
Top Notch Member

Post by Rasmus »

takza wrote:You forgot to do the bodywork 1st? :D Looks better than the house paint I have on mine though.

What are those rims off of?
Haha, body work is for people who care :) I laid down a black basecoat of Por15 so the rust should stop being rusty, i dont really care about the bubbles.

The wheels are enkei knock offs, bought from some civic guy in town for 75 bucks.
shogun wrote:niiice, will you be racing this one also ??
Hells yes, thats why im getting suspension, brakes, cam, 2" exhaust and weber carb!!! :)

- R
I love my tercel :)
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

i also have a 2" exhaust, suspension and minor upgrades for engine longevity, i also want a cam and weber but cant seem to get all the parts together

ps. if you want polyurethane bushings hit me on msn and well talk
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I want poly bushings....... HOW MUCH?!?!?
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Yeah Rasmus, I mean come on. I know you can fully restore thisTerc to look better than it is and still race it. Get a new paint job and have it waxed and for the love of racing, add a universal turbocharger and a rear wing and more front spoiler design like of White_Lightning's and an intercooler and everything. Knife-edge your crankshaft man! 8)
K-Business
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

You've never seen one of our cranks, have you TD? Its mostly knifeedged from the factory. Not to mention the crank itself sits high enough above the sump I doubt it matters that much.
Man... Universal turbo? Forget that. You need to have a custom-sized one put in, along with the custom tubing, etc.
Do you know how much new paint jobs are? Do you know how quickly a dirt/gravel track will chew up paint?
Just painting it, like hes done, will look little to no better than it is. He'd need to have a lot of high-cost body work done my friend.
The thing in the front doesn't act like a spoiler at all. Its called an air dam. It directs air around the front of your car, in theory. Mostly for looks though.
A spoiler would be very difficult to do on our cars.. Perhaps a very well-styled wing? There is a difference you know...
Why on Earth would he need a spoiler, wing, or front air dam for rally racing?

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Typrus wrote:You've never seen one of our cranks, have you TD?
Has he ever seen an oil filter ? ? ?
Typrus wrote: Why on Earth would he need a spoiler, wing, or front air dam for rally racing?
You might explain what rally racing is to MA-Man...
:lol: :P :roll:
Nasty, I know, but...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Carguylen
Top Notch Member

Post by Carguylen »

Tom,
as a casual observer, is this Terceldude getting on your nerves a little????
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

lol.... I think he does everyones, whether he means to or not. For all we know hes sitting at a computer at Cambridge University and doing a psychology study on us. lol

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Typrus wrote:lol.... I think he does everyones, whether he means to or not. For all we know hes sitting at a computer at Cambridge University and doing a psychology study on us. lol
Well - I don't think he's studying a FSM or the Snap-On catalogue... :wink:
Tom M.
PS: terceldude, did you ever convert that 70 year-old Schwinn Excelsior frame to a full-suspension bike ? ? ?
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Typrus, I don't need a lecture. I know a lot about cars from my repair books, etc. and I know what an air dam is, I'm not ignorant, T'us. Leave me alone?! :lol: You need to focus more on not ganging up on what I post, but maybe answering any questions or concerns I have on Rasmus' work. Please mind your own business. No, I will not forget the turbo. I definitely plan on that!!!! A turbocharged 4wd Tercel Wagon will perform far better than yours or any ones Terk on this forum. I'll also have custom headers installed, but I'll keep you guys informed on my progress!
K-Business
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

terceldude wrote:I'll keep you guys informed on my progress!
Go to the store and buy yourself a grease monkey suit and some tools? 8)

Reality bites....
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... OMG..
Wow man. Ganging up on you? And I bloody well supported you a few times in some of your posts! Jeeze man! And please, don't say that our cars are inferior to your planned projects.
You are trying to think up something- more power to you. Just try and think about it logically.

A man can go and read from books how to speak the German language, get a vocabulary of the equivalent of a 15 year old, then go to Berlin and not know what is being said. To relate, you can read one thing from a book, but find that in real life its very different. You need also to read from every book, not just the books by P.J. McTurboeverything. Maybe Johnny Turboright or Lana Logic. And if you go look up those authors I will laugh at you all the harder for not catching the hidden message.

Look, you have ideas. Awesome! Now learn how to do it CORRECTLY, not STUPIDLY. Not to say you are stupid, just undereducated. Pay attention to reallife examples.

If I get a Supercharged Inline-6 7MGZE, tell me... Will your 3ATC be better?

Now drop it.