Half Century

Post here about...well...anything!
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Half Century

Post by MootsMan »

Well, guys, today is my half-century mark !! 50yrs. old as of today !! It's weird how it feels looking in the mirror and telling myself i'm 50, instead of 49... :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Anyway...I know a lot of you guys aren't even as old as the cars that we're all here talking about. But it seems most everyone on the forum doesn't take things too seriously, and that's as it should be. If there's one thing that I've seen so far in my lifetime, it's that way too many people take life way to serious, and never have any fun on the way through. Sure , you have to be responsible ( well, for the most part ), but you gotta enjoy the journey , too !!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well, Congratulations, MM !

As one who is near to being 32% your elder, I....uhhhh....I forgot what I was going to write......

:? __ :) __ :? __ :)

Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Have a great birthday MootsMan yep I think it takes a certain type to drive around in these little things, i guess cars do represent there drivers and I guess most of the forum members are practical, innovative, intrested in engineering go anywhere people (some of us with a little surface rust). Keep on Terc'in
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
waynehoc
Top Notch Member

Post by waynehoc »

Happy five-oh MootsMan, from another oldie. As with ARCHINSTL, 50 was some time ago for me - I've forgotten what its like to be that young :wink: I certainly agree with your sentiments - have fun, but be responsible. I've always believed (known) that we are all really just kids (in older bodies) pretending to be adults, acting out the role. Some of us do it better than others...
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Congratulations!! Hope you have many more years of health and happiness! 8)
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

congratulations!!!!!

may you get to be 50 more
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Sorry I missed it... Grats! My uncle hit the big 5-0 yesterday.
All 50 means is you get some money off some things. That and you get more right to gripe at teenagers
:lol:
Grats again!
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Thanks, guys !! When it's all said and done, I guess it's really just another day, but something about us humans is that we have this need to mark the occasions in our lives. And, as "they" say, it's better than the alternative ! :D :D