thebigbread's 84 2wd

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
thebigbread
Top Notch Member

thebigbread's 84 2wd

Post by thebigbread »

hey there i finally got around to doin this. i ordered a pioneer 600w amp last week & im gonna order a stinger hpm series kit to go with it. sorry i dont have a very good camera but i'll try to borrow someone's next time.

check out more pics of my car on cardomain (link is in signature)
1984 2wd wagon, "bottle rocket": http://www.myspace.com/1984tercel
1995 Isuzu TFR-S, "Shorty": no cardomain page yet
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Good work! Love your cold air intake setup! I've gotta do something like that with my Weber; it's suckin some pretty major hot air from the rad.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Seein' some fancy paintwork there. Like that green valve cover...blue headlights.

Will you paint the wheels something other than silver? I had some on a car painted a dark teal metallic once.

Can you say how you prepped for the Krylon on vinyl?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

thebigbread, mod your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by terceldude »

thebigbread, show us those Euro taillights!!!!! Pictures of them, please. I want to get inspiration on making some myself. What brands did you use for the taillights, grille, etc. You should use the Euro corner lamp lenses on this car. It would be very rad. I'd use the Japanese clear corner lamp lenses from the 82-85 Sprinter Carib 4wd Wagon by Toyota on my 1983 Tercel 4wd Wagon. Slick car, man!!!!!!! Add a hood scoop and turbocharge that 3AC with a universal turbocharger and universal intercooler. Give that beast a hot makeover!!!!!! :twisted: 8) :D :) :o :lol: :P :roll: :wink: :!: :idea:
K-Business
thebigbread
Top Notch Member

Post by thebigbread »

takza: Vinyl is simply prepped by using a mild soap & water mixture, using wet rags to clean off the soap, dry it off, & apply ispryol alcohol & let dry.

terceldude: the Euro taillights are not mounted yet, but they come off a 1995-2000 tacoma & they are APC next-generation euros. i need to make a small patch of bondo before i install them but they are almost the exact same width & depth as the stock. about those clear corner lights, i've been lookin for a pair, if u have some i'd be willing to buy them.
1984 2wd wagon, "bottle rocket": http://www.myspace.com/1984tercel
1995 Isuzu TFR-S, "Shorty": no cardomain page yet
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

thebigbread, your clear corners, please!!!

Post by terceldude »

thebigbread: if you can find a 1982-1988 AL25 Toyota Tercel 4wd Estate from England, that one has clear corner lenses of identical dimensions to yours and if you run a Google search or Tercel 4x4 or Tercel 4wd for a little while, you should come across a German guy that is selling them for a good amount, I guess & dhd24. Good luck!!!!! Then buy and ship them to your house, clean them with soapy water, plastic polish them, then you're good to go!!!!!!
K-Business
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Thanks for signing my guestbook on Cardomain bigbread!
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

nice setup, i installed a hood scoop and works really fine, it looks a bit ricey but it works
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come