Diet?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
83toybeater
Top Notch Member

Diet?

Post by 83toybeater »

how much weight do you think could be lost taking everything out exept driver passanger seat dash and front door pannels?

i plan to remove carpet headliner sunroof motor and rales and replace it wtih latches and everything in the back
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

not much, id say about 100 pounds
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
83toybeater
Top Notch Member

Post by 83toybeater »

think it would be worth it, i plan on bulding a small contraption to keep my gear in where the rear seat goes, and putt ing the batter in the trunk
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

...... For the rear seat, rear paneling, A-Pillar trim, carpeting, and liners? 100lbs might be pushing it........ That rear seat might weigh 20lbs... Well, I actually haven't felt the upper halves, so maybe more... But you won't be shaving much..
I drive around without the drivers side dash panel. Can see the speaker and vent tubing. Doesn't bother me. Not for weight or anything, just took it out and never tossed it back in. Noone complains, except for my dad. Also the pass. A-Pillar trim. It fell off one day and my friend smashed it in half accidently. I screamed at him, but couldn't do much so left it alone. Hasn't created any issues since. Also the center stereo trim thing.. That has that little compartment in it? Gone. Don't need it. Doesn't bother me. For all that, I'm guessing 12 oz. is gone? It really doesn't feel like almost anything. Maybe lugging my 45lb packpack around has clouded my weight judgement....
The pass seat probably weighs a lot though.
You might be able to find lighter replacements? Dunno if the MR2 seats will bolt in... Look like it (the MKI ones) They might be a tad lighter... Maybe not though... They do throw in that lumbar support thing.... shrug.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
83toybeater
Top Notch Member

Post by 83toybeater »

how much carpet weigh 15-20? headligner 5-10? sunroof tracks and motor10ish? rear seats 20-30? rear panneling is geting all busted up from my highlift jack that shit maybe 5-10 rear door pannels baybe 5 for both. thats 60-85 hmm think it could make any diffrance? whats the car weigh?
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I think 2300lbs.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
83toybeater
Top Notch Member

Post by 83toybeater »

think its possable to get it to 2000?
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

if you put an aluminum roof, and use frp doors and hatch and hood and fenders, and cut the hell out of it yoyu probably could, i dont know, but last time i went racing i took off every thing but the driver seat and dash board, and it is heavy, but since this year it will be illegal to race that way im doing a whole new engine
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come