Quarter Million Miles!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Quarter Million Miles!

Post by hberdan »

That's 402 336 kilometers to you metric folks! Ya hoo! In my 1987 4x4 Deluxe wagon.
I'll post photos some other time of the event, suffice to say I passed the quarter mil mark only about a mile from home, pulled over, took some photos, admired the ride.
Now, how to commemorate the mileage?
I was thinking of attaching some kind of grille badge to the car, similar to the grille badges on older Mercedes, that commemorate the mileages they've driven, car club, etc. You know, the fancy ones that resemble old military badges or family crests, etc.
Any ideas? I can't seem to find any kind of Toyota grille badge...!
brianp
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '85 4wd SR5, 220k miles

Post by brianp »

maybe go to a trophy shop and have one made? :) Congrats!
'85 SR5 4wd, A.K.A 'Peach", 221k miles!
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Congrats!!

I'm at 396,000kms right now, and plan on taking a picture when I hit 400,000kms.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Here is your AWARD....let your Tercel wear it with pride!!!!

Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Here's one for the back....

...many more >>

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Down ... ndex3.html
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

Photos didn't post.
JOE
Advanced Member

Post by JOE »

I now have 458000kms (286250mi)

1985 4wd 493000kms. Semi-retired since 1990 Corolla SR5 4wd purchase. 174000kms.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

hberdan wrote:Photos didn't post.

I've heard this elsewhere....can you say what you see?

....text? a square box? but no pic?

neonsport
Top Notch Member

Post by neonsport »

My 86 2WD wagon hit 296k miles this week. Considering my 124 mile round trip daily commute, (plus whatever I drive on my day off), we'll be crossing the 300k mark in 5 or 6 weeks.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

double post
Last edited by takza on Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

You get an AWARD when you hit the 1/3 million mile mark. :lol:

Can you make it? :shock:

waynehoc
Top Notch Member

Post by waynehoc »

Hi takza - I was having the same problem, and I have seen this occasionally with others' images previously on the forum.

I did finally get the images to display, but had to use a round-a-bout method. First, all that showed for me was a small rectangular indentation with the one word inside that said 'image'. So I right-clicked on the indentation and left-clicked on 'reload image' - nothing, no luck. So then I right-clicked again on the indentation and left-clicked on 'copy image address (or url) or something like that; then pasted the url into my browser address bar, hit enter, and voila, saw the picture in full colour, but nothing else. Then when I clicked on my left 'return' arrow up near the address bar to return to the forum, there it was, just like it should have been from the start. Then, when I right-clicked on the second indentation and left-clicked on reload image, the second image appeared immediately. Why I should have to use such a round-a-bout method is beyond me.

By the way - nice job on the awards - really colourful.
waynehoc
Top Notch Member

Post by waynehoc »

My post above was while using Opera which is the browser I use pretty much all the time. Now I'm here using MSIE, and I had to actually highlight (from the image properties which you get by right-clicking where the image should be, but is not), copy and paste the url of the image into my browser address/url bar for each image in order to see the images. Then , in each case, using the 'back' arrow resulted in the forum page displaying the images, but one at a time - had to do it twice (two images). With MSIE, initially all that I see is a small square 'box' with an 'x' in it where the pictures should be. Why don't the images just load automatically, when the page is opened?
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I'm going to roll the 1/5th here soon! 250,000 really isn't all that far off, providing I keep her in good tune.
Grats!
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

waynehoc wrote:Hi takza - I was having the same problem, and I have seen this occasionally with others' images previously on the forum.

I did finally get the images to display, but had to use a round-a-bout method. First, all that showed for me was a small rectangular indentation with the one word inside that said 'image'. So I right-clicked on the indentation and left-clicked on 'reload image' - nothing, no luck. So then I right-clicked again on the indentation and left-clicked on 'copy image address (or url) or something like that; then pasted the url into my browser address bar, hit enter, and voila, saw the picture in full colour, but nothing else. Then when I clicked on my left 'return' arrow up near the address bar to return to the forum, there it was, just like it should have been from the start. Then, when I right-clicked on the second indentation and left-clicked on reload image, the second image appeared immediately. Why I should have to use such a round-a-bout method is beyond me.

By the way - nice job on the awards - really colourful.
Sounds like what I have to get thru sometimes...might be the way you have your browsers set up?

There's a whole THING about linked images...maybe I'm over my bandwidth usage?

The badges were just an excuse to use an old graphics program I like.