Farewell to my '85

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
proxin76
My tercel:: 1985 4WD SR5

Farewell to my '85

Post by proxin76 »

Good looking 85, needs TLC that, alas, I no longer have the time to offer. It drives my lengthy Bay Area commute daily, but is consuming coolant after (another) head gasket leak owing to a faulty thermostat. We've had some good times, and you will too, but you know how it is: this thing needs attention and work.

Haven't even tried to pass smog in a couple years for lack of the time and money to replace the downpipe and some other vac/carb stuff. Once you take care of that and replace the head gasket, you've got a very solid base car with low miles (~152,000). Transmission and 4wd in excellent condition. I also have an extra set of the 4-sided alloys that I'm happy to throw in. Also hasn't been registered in a couple years, so I'm not even sure how that works, but I'll bet we could figure something out.

I'd need at least 3k for it, or I just as soon give it my mechanic who I still owe a couple grand to, and maybe have a chance to buy it back in a couple years when the winds of fortune blow a little more favorably. I'm in the SF Bay Area. Come take a look.
Attachments
rear.jpeg
passenger.jpeg
front.jpeg
driver.jpeg
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Farewell to my '85

Post by dlb »

Darn, looks quite nice. Good luck with the sale.
SeaDandy

Re: Farewell to my '85

Post by SeaDandy »

Still for sale?