Xirdneh fixed my 87 sr5 s/w 4w/d

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
emilykathlene
My tercel:: 1987 toyota tercel sr5 4wd station wagon

Xirdneh fixed my 87 sr5 s/w 4w/d

Post by emilykathlene »

I bought my 87 Tercel SR5 4x4 station wagon from xirdneh 's brother a couple of years ago. Drivers window wouldn't stay on track so I just taped it where it couldn't move so it wouldn't break the window. It doesn't have air conditioning. So it was pretty much not drivable in the heat of the summer. Xirdneh fixed that, fix the door handle on the passenger side, and changed the valve cover gasket in just a couple hours time. He wouldn't charge me. Says he doesn't charge for his labor. He said my car has a problem with its carburetor. I watched his YouTube video on rebuilding a carburetor. I almost think I could do a carburetor rebuild because his video was the best I've ever seen: explain each step with so much detail, including which tool, the best technique, possible problems, so detailed and instructional. I noticed you had a lot of nice things to say about xirdneh in here. I want to add my 2 cents and say hi to all you tercel lovers as am I ✌️
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Xirdneh fixed my 87 sr5 s/w 4w/d

Post by dlb »

Xirdneh (aka Rob) is a gem. He's more active on the 4wd Tercel facebook page but there are still tons of his old posts here that are invaluable, like his step by step how to remove and replace the transmission one.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Super Tercel guru! He would answer any questions I had when I got into my transmission. I really hope to make it to the PNW sometime.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
emilykathlene
My tercel:: 1987 toyota tercel sr5 4wd station wagon

Post by emilykathlene »

my car is smelling of gasoline. Bob immediately said when he'd be home and that he would fix it. I keep trying to figure out things I can do for him. but this guy is so together he doesn't need much LOL