IMPORTANT - Fake/Spoof Emails

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
icE
Top Notch Member

IMPORTANT - Fake/Spoof Emails

Post by icE »

Just got an email with an attachment today called password.zip. Luckily I had AVG and it blocked the .zip file because it was a worm, but even if it didn't I wouldn't of opened the attachment anyway. This is the email i received:

Dear user ice,

You have successfully updated the password of your Tercel4wd account.

If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact Tercel4wd customer service at: register@tercel4wd.com

Thank you for using Tercel4wd!
The Tercel4wd Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus (Clean)
+++ Tercel4wd Antivirus - http://www.tercel4wd.com

Just wanted to let everyone know about it incase you get one of these. And there is no register@tercel4wd.com email address - so that tells you it's fake right there.

Anywho, glad to see everyone still around and active :) Happy posting!
:P 8) :lol:

Your local admin
icE
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I never open anything with ANY kind of attachment unless I recognize who sent it. And even that won't do it with some emails.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

I get a kick out of a lot of that stuff since it usually says soemwhere that it's not a virus, ie not.a.virus.exe.. I got one once that had that as an attachment. Glad it got caught ICE.

I'd say that it just grabs something it sees you at and runs with it. Customer Service works if it grabs your UPS or bank info, but for a car forum? Tercel4WD's Customer Service Department?? Not so convincing.
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5