Considering Selling My '85 Tercel Wagon

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
RootsandStars
My tercel:: '85 Toyota Tercel Wagon 4x4 All stock and waiting for upgrades and improvements!

Considering Selling My '85 Tercel Wagon

Post by RootsandStars »

Snowflake has 149k miles on her.

I do love this car BUT I have near zero mechanic skills and it has been really hard to find a reliable mechanic who takes pride in his work repairing a relic.
AND Her e-brake just failed which caused her to roll down my driveway into my Toyota Hilux.

She now has:
- bent hatchback, broken plastic on the inside
- smashed tail light
On top of:
- carb issues
- exhaust issues
- possible timing issues (she revs up and down when cold and smooths out when warm)

Other than that she is and has been a great running car and will probably go much longer with some TLC.

If you are interested in purchasing OR interested in helping me navigate through this predicament as inexpensively as possible, Please let me know.

Send me a message or comment... i'll be monitoring this site as frequently as I can.

Thank you,
Attachments
20230228_104613.jpg
20230228_104438.jpg
20230228_104530.jpg
20230228_104426.jpg
20230228_104625.jpg
20230228_104554.jpg
~ Danielle ~
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Re: Considering Selling My '85 Tercel Wagon

Post by MrWrench »

Where are you located? I'm assuming Montana based on the license plate.
I would love to help with the mechanical issues but unfortunately I am in Michigan.

I can offer you a tail light for the cost of shipping if you would like.
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.
RootsandStars
My tercel:: '85 Toyota Tercel Wagon 4x4 All stock and waiting for upgrades and improvements!

Post by RootsandStars »

MrWrench wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:49 pm Where are you located? I'm assuming Montana based on the license plate.
I would love to help with the mechanical issues but unfortunately I am in Michigan.

I can offer you a tail light for the cost of shipping if you would like.
Yes, I am near Kalispell, Montana. I would be glad to accept your help if you were closer!
I would be interested in the tail light. Please let me know the cost and how you would accept payment. Thank you!
~ Danielle ~
mtmtntop
My tercel:: 85 4wd wagon, 83 4wd wagon

Post by mtmtntop »

i live down in helena. If you come down this way, i have a green hatch that i think is in good shape, i haven't looked at it in a while. the hatches are heavy though so it takes a couple of people and some patience to switch them as there is a wire connection involved. pm me if you end of needing that hatch