Bouncing idle?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Familyguy78
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd Sr5, Fed emission but no cat converter. Manual transmission, with air conditioning.

Bouncing idle?

Post by Familyguy78 »

Hi I just finished rebuilding my carb, I followed Robert's video, but I may have switched the 2 white with black stripe wires going to the fuel cut solenoids, and now my idle bounces around until the engine stalls. Any ideas? I tried searching 'bouncing idle' and got no good leads.
Familyguy78
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd Sr5, Fed emission but no cat converter. Manual transmission, with air conditioning.

Re: Bouncing idle?

Post by Familyguy78 »

Bouncing idle was either the ebcv hoses being switched, or the fuel cut solenoid wires being switched. It runs well now, but I still need to adjust the float level, it's just below the notches in the window. Save that for another, less rainy, day
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Bouncing idle?

Post by NWMO »

Good to hear, keep up the good work.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain