S2000 swapped tercel

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Mac
Highest Ranking Member

S2000 swapped tercel

Post by Mac »

Came across this on Jalopnik and thought of you guys, still on the lookout for a 4wd wagon but they are hard to come by without being rust buckets, still making do with my audi 😅

https://jalopnik.com/s2000-powered-rwd- ... 1849757574
Tercel 4WD "POWER WAGOON" with 4A-C
aka: "no powa steering tercel, oh oh oh!"
mods: ignition at 10 DBTDC and 90 octane gas.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: S2000 swapped tercel

Post by dlb »

Funny, I was just looking through some old threads and saw some of your posts, and now here you are.

I know what you mean about the ridiculous market for these things now. In the summer I paid $500 for an al25 that is rusted out and needed tons of work. But It was the only one I've seen in my area that hadn't been beat to hell by owners who just want a cheap 4x4 to run into the ground.

Then a few weeks ago, I saw another al25 in similar condition to mine on marketplace for $3000. I showed my wife to illustrate the 4wd tercel market and she was dumbfounded because she thinks the guy should have paid ME to take this latest car off his hands, but the ad for the $3000 one on marketplace was gone a few days later so I guess it sold.
Mark
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1984 Automatic, 1981 sedan

Re: S2000 swapped tercel

Post by Mark »

It's like the "Hashtag Van Life" trend from several years ago. Before that, old 1980's camper vans were being given away free or trying to sell for $300. Now, barely-running ones go for over 10,000. It's too bad the Tercel wagons have the "4WD" logos on them. It just makes people use them off-road and destroy them in a day or two.