INT / intermittent wipers?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
AlexArrow
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 Wagon 4WD

INT / intermittent wipers?

Post by AlexArrow »

Mine doesn't work and would be nice if it did, but I don't understand how it should work. Searching didn't get me enough info.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: INT / intermittent wipers?

Post by NWMO »

Most of these cars came with an INT setting on the wiper switch. However, I believe it has a single pre-determined interval and usually doesn’t work. There were a few cars that actually included much better intermittent wipers, but they are quite rare.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

some of the base models only had low and high wiper modes, but most later ones also have an intermittent setting.

However, someone discovered the Same years toyota Forerunners have adjustable intermittent wipers multi switch that will fit into the tercel. a good junk yard find, you will have to trim back the steering column cover a bit so it will fit since the Forerunner stalk and multiswitch is a bit larger. The Highlander switch will bolt into the Tercel column, and the wire connector plug will just plug right into the Tercel wiring harness.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Petros wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:30 pm some of the base models only had low and high wiper modes, but most later ones also have an intermittent setting.

However, someone discovered the Same years toyota Forerunners have adjustable intermittent wipers multi switch that will fit into the tercel. a good junk yard find, you will have to trim back the steering column cover a bit so it will fit since the Forerunner stalk and multiswitch is a bit larger. The Highlander switch will bolt into the Tercel column, and the wire connector plug will just plug right into the Tercel wiring harness.
Here is the info on the adjustable intermittent wiper swap: viewtopic.php?p=47951#p47951