WTB LH front window regulator

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
BHillteq
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR5

WTB LH front window regulator

Post by BHillteq »

Hey guys! Looking for a driver front window regulator. The Dorman aftermarket option is discontinued, looks like. :cry: Anyone have a used, good one available? 1985 Wagon
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: WTB LH front window regulator

Post by dlb »

These are a common thing to fail on these cars so good used ones are hard to come by. If you have any wreckers near you, the tercel hatchbacks from 83-86 used the same driver front door window regulators. You also might try repairing the one you have, I think xirdneh here did a video or something on how he has repaired them. Just a few other options in case no one here has one for you.
BHillteq
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR5

Post by BHillteq »

dlb wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:06 am These are a common thing to fail on these cars so good used ones are hard to come by. If you have any wreckers near you, the tercel hatchbacks from 83-86 used the same driver front door window regulators. You also might try repairing the one you have, I think xirdneh here did a video or something on how he has repaired them. Just a few other options in case no one here has one for you.
Great feedback, thank you! Also good news, I got an email back from Dorman. They are not discontinued, just out of stock, and did not have an eta. That's somewhat hopeful! I'll definitely look into repairing it.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

I found xirdneh's video, here it is. The window regulator portion begins around the 4 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dky8rsB7vOE