We got some snow

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Carguylen
Top Notch Member

We got some snow

Post by Carguylen »

Central California February Snow....
Hopefully we'll get more and I can take the 4wd out......

GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Haha! Yeah, doesn't look like thats enough to really have fun in. Can't believe you have snow down in California BTW! I'm up in Canada, and we only had snow for about a day or two back in November. Nothing since. All the flowers and stuff are up here now.

Your AL21 Tercel looks exactly like the very first car I had when I was a kid. I had a gold AL21 4speed standard as my first car about 12 years ago. Loved the car, but really beat the hell out of it (as most young guys do to their first car).
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Carguylen
Top Notch Member

Post by Carguylen »

Yeah, I beat it. It's my paint truck. I've had two extension ladders, all my equipment, and five five gallon buckets of paint in it. It wasn't very happy, but it kept on going... We're up in the mountians, about 4500 feet elevation. I wish I had the 4wd last year. We got five feet overnight last January. It was crazy. BTW, all the snow is gone today... They said a BIG storm, but what do weathermen know....
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Carguylen wrote:Yeah, I beat it. It's my paint truck. I've had two extension ladders, all my equipment, and five five gallon buckets of paint in it. It wasn't very happy, but it kept on going... We're up in the mountians, about 4500 feet elevation. I wish I had the 4wd last year. We got five feet overnight last January. It was crazy. BTW, all the snow is gone today... They said a BIG storm, but what do weathermen know....
Haha! Thats hilarious! Tercel's are just so fun to beat on!

4500 feet elevation explains the snow! We have 15 feet at our local ski hill, and it's not much higher then 4500 feet.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Carguylen
Top Notch Member

Post by Carguylen »

Well, I think It's been beat. Over the last week, the clutch is slipping real bad, fixable, but the engine is loosing power rapidly, and it sputters and spits and won't start in the morning. The compression is very low in two cylinders. May be time.....
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I believe snow fell on Frazier Park yesterday. It also fell in some unusual places such as La Cresenta and La Cañada Flintridge. Palmdale got hail and light snow.

I saw people spinning their wheels on the news on Highway 18 (Rim of the World Highway). Darn, all the fun I'm missing...
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
Carguylen
Top Notch Member

Post by Carguylen »

Yeah, This is the first winter with this car, and the first time I "had" to use the 4wd. It did AWESOME. I was passing everybody. I was in Burbank on Sat. and the freeyway was closed at Castaic, so I had to go up through Lancaster and the 138 was crazy bad. I had no problem. In Frazier Park, a sheriff stopped us and asked if we had chains, I said nope, it's 4wd. He said "that thing?" and let us go by. No problems.
Some pics: