Radiator needed-'83

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
aibuckley
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel

Radiator needed-'83

Post by aibuckley »

I've been searching for a replacement and other that two used ones on ebay for $200, I can't locate anything else. Besides the Spectra Premium CU-813(which seems unavailable), is there anything else that will reasonably fit in there?

Thanks
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Radiator needed-'83

Post by NWMO »

If you check the similar FB page, Seth Matters and some others have used a different radiator with success, though minor mods are required.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Re: Radiator needed-'83

Post by MrWrench »

1994 Honda Civic radiators can be made to fit. I believe the original coolant hoses will work as well, they just need to be trimmed up.

The only problem is, they don't have a port for the sensor. So your radiator fan will rub constantly. If you are running a Weber carburetor, the TSVS isn't required and you can relocate the sensor into that opening and add some additional wiring to the harness.
But if you still have the factory carb with all the emissions components. You will have to find a solution for the sensor or just let your fan run constantly.

They are very affordable which is good.
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.