Tercel vs Subaru Sportswagon April 1984 comparison test

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Tercel vs Subaru Sportswagon April 1984 comparison test

Post by Mattel »

Hi y'all

A bit of weekend reading for those with time on their hands from Australian Modern Motor Magazine.

Enjoy!

Matt

Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
waynehoc
Top Notch Member

Post by waynehoc »

Hey, Matt, thanks a million for that. Cool! This will be fun reading - unable at this point to load the first two jpeg's, but will try later.

Wayne
T-Bone
Top Notch Member

Post by T-Bone »

nice post, good stuff to read.
Daily Driver:
1988 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD
3AC 2BBl Downdraft Carb
Project Car:
1993 Honda Del Sol Si
D16Z6 Head/Block
D16A1 Pistons (C/R 12.3:1)
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

I'm only seeing one page. The rest are just "file traffic over" images. :(

You should use photobucket.com or tinypic.com :wink:
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Photobucket was resizing my images to small to read the text. So I searched around to find a better host and this one seemed to come out fine on my computer

unfortunatly it seems that every free imagehosting place has it's price, perhaps someone could host this as I can turn it into a pdf or perhaps we could put it up on the web page with the other tests.. Do i need to send it through to ICE?

or if you want I can email it through to you,it's about 1.7 meg all up
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Missing page 74?
Fun read!
See that? Take that doubters! Our Terc will match a Subie, no prob!

Hahahaha... Super Responsive... And its just a 3AC! I'd hate to see a non Super-Responsive version :shock:
I would expect the twin-carb if it were the Super...
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Post by Mickey_D »

Mattel wrote:Photobucket was resizing my images to small to read the text. So I searched around to find a better host and this one seemed to come out fine on my computer

unfortunatly it seems that every free imagehosting place has it's price, perhaps someone could host this as I can turn it into a pdf or perhaps we could put it up on the web page with the other tests.. Do i need to send it through to ICE?

or if you want I can email it through to you,it's about 1.7 meg all up
If you want, I've got unlimited bandwidth on my hosting and 100Mb storage (of which I have about 30Mb left). I've got everything but the first page already loaded up (as you can see below). If you want to e-mail me the first, I can add it and anyone who wants to leech from there is fine by me....

E-mail = darrin(dot)moore(at)gmail(dot)com
[edit]Got the first page, and it's all loaded up.....

Last edited by Mickey_D on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
brianp
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '85 4wd SR5, 220k miles

Post by brianp »

It's funny that it says "the tercel is the first in what will undoubtably be a long line of challengers." Too bad that wasn't the case. :( I guess the small SUV took it's place in the lineup.
'85 SR5 4wd, A.K.A 'Peach", 221k miles!