Levers on interior

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
AussieTercy
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel al25 sr5, I have put a stainless muffler on it recently and now it sounds nice hehe, but other than that, stock

Levers on interior

Post by AussieTercy »

Hey guys. Was just wondering if anyone knows what these levers are on the interior of my 1986 Tercel sr5 al25 model are. The first time I moved them they made a clicking noise but now they don’t anymore. Cheers. (Phots have been attached , hopefully it works cause this is my first time posting)
076265C9-45DC-412E-A889-48EF8B031371.jpeg
C4C9AB67-6FD5-4CF6-92BF-E5906277FCA0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Levers on interior

Post by Mattel »

Hey mate. They are simply there to hold the rear seat belts to the side when you fold the seats back. The USA and Japanese cars didn't get rear shoulder belts so they wont be able to help you.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Levers on interior

Post by terceldude »

Mattel wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:01 am Hey mate. They are simply there to hold the rear seat belts to the side when you fold the seats back. The USA and Japanese cars didn't get rear shoulder belts so they wont be able to help you.
I don't think the New Zealand (Kiwi) models got them either, though I cannot verify that yet because trademe.co.nz don't have a WANT IT NOW so I can tell sellers I am looking for an NZ specific model-specific multi-page brochure or at least the leaflet ones they offered. Stupidly, they only allow Australia and NZ residents, only, to join because they stupidly refuse to go international
K-Business