WTB SR5 grille and headlights

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
jameshewitt95
My tercel:: 1986 Tercel, AusDM, extra moss.

WTB SR5 grille and headlights

Post by jameshewitt95 »

Hi all

We didn't get the sunken headlights with the vertical grille in Australia as far as I can tell (please correct me if I'm wrong). Picture attached the front type.

I want to buy a set of headlights, corner lights, and a grille for my 4WD Tercel.

I have 2 sets of Australian OEM headlights/corner lights I'd be willing to send the other way if wanted. One set of headlights is very worn out, but the other is good. My grille is in need of serious repair (or more likely binning).

Bonus points if you're in Australia, but if you have any you'd be willing to post to down under, please let me know!

If you know of any companies who sell these kinds of things (and post to Australia), also let me know.

TIA, James.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Re: WTB SR5 grille and headlights

Post by MrWrench »

I have a few spare grills I would be willing to ship to Australia. The shipping might be a bit pricey, but if that doesn't bother you. PM me and we'll work out the details!
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.
Stragglybongo
My tercel:: 1987 (dec of 86) Toyota Tercel SR5 6 speed 4wd wagon

Post by Stragglybongo »

Hey still got the headlight assembly’s
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

You might find that going from LHD to RHD headlights that they are illegal because they point to the otherside of the road. when we lived in the UK and drove in Europe we needed stickers on our headlights to deflect the lights in the right direction. Google headlight convertors.

Also. years aogo I sent some Australian clear sidelights to a chap in Canada from here and sadly they didn't fit without some work to the panels.
Sorry to burst your bubble
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Nordical25
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2 4wd 1987's. One with 4a, other with 3a

Post by Nordical25 »

In that case Japanese Spinter Carib headlights were a good swap to Australian/British cars and Continental Europe headlights to US/Canada cars?
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Nordical25 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:40 pm In that case Japanese Spinter Carib headlights were a good swap to Australian/British cars and Continental Europe headlights to US/Canada cars?
You would probably get away with it but your car would not be roadworthy and it would be annoying for oncoming drivers.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Nordical25
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2 4wd 1987's. One with 4a, other with 3a

Post by Nordical25 »

Mattel wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:30 am
Nordical25 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:40 pm In that case Japanese Spinter Carib headlights were a good swap to Australian/British cars and Continental Europe headlights to US/Canada cars?
You would probably get away with it but your car would not be roadworthy and it would be annoying for oncoming drivers.
Hi Mattel,

I think that I expressed myself in a bit too short and unclear way. I will try to explain my message in a bit more detailed and an understandable way:

American Tercel 4wd, Canadian Tercel 4wd and Japanese Sprinter Carib 4wd have same front look. Meanwhile European Tercel 4wd and Australian Tercel 4wds have different front look.

British, Australians and Japanese drive on the left hand side of the road with RHD cars. Continental Europeans drive mainly on the right hand side of the road similarly to Americans and Canadians with LHD cars.

You want basically to swap LHD car lights into LHD car and RHD car lights to RHD cars. Continental Europe cars have similar headlight pointing with Canadian and American cars. It means that we Finns could use American or Canadian head lights and vice versa.

Japanese, British and Australian Tercel lights should have similar head light pointing. Swapping Japanese Sprinter Carib AL25 lights + grille to Australian Tercel 4wd or British Tercel 4wd should be fine when considering head light pointing.

This is a long story to explain but on the other hand, Toyota car development department did need to notice all this when developing Tercel 4wd to different market areas.